always forever

age: 16

-

Y/N's POV

I can't believe he stood me up. I spent hours getting ready for a date with this guy who asked me out. I should've known he was doing it for a laugh, he's one of the popular ones and they're always doing daring each other to do cruel things to other people. This is ridiculous, I've been waiting here for half an hour only to see him sat at one of the restaurant tables with another girl from school.

Tears immediately fill my eyes at the sight and I quickly storm out of the building to call my mom to come and get me.

NATASHA's POV

Y/N's currently on a date right now so me and Maria are spending some time together. Y/N doesn't know of our relationship yet so it involves a lot of sneaking around but since she's on her date, it gives us a few hours to do certain things before she gets back.

"Holy shit. You're amazing," I say breathlessly as the brunette comes up from under the covers to cuddle.

"Thank you, love. You're not so bad yourself," she replies and kisses my cheek softly.

Of course the moment has to be ruined by my phone ringing. I let out a groan at the interruption and turn to see who it is, I'm surprised to see that it's my daughter.

"Shit," I say before answering the call, "Baby, are you okay? Is your date not going well?" I told her to call me if she needed me to get her out of of if she becomes uncomfortable in - I may be spending time with Maria, but my daughter always comes first.

"Mama, h-he... I need you to come get me, please." It sounds like she's crying, her voice only ever trembles like that when she's really upset.

"Okay, honey. Mama's coming. Same place I dropped you off?"

"Yeah," she sobs out.

"Alright, I'm on my way right now. I'll be there in a few. I love you."

"Love you, too."

After hanging up, I immediately jump out of bed and scramble to find my clothes that were previously thrown onto the floor.

"Maria, I'm so sorry, it's Y/N. Something happened and I need to go get her," I tell the woman in my bed.

"It's okay, I completely understand. Of course she's gonna come first, she's your kid. Did her date not go well?" she asks, now also getting dressed.

"I-I don't know. She didn't say anything other than I need to get her."

"I'll drive you, you're too panicked."

"You don't have to-"

"Nat, I'm coming."

"Yeah so was I a few minutes ago," I say in a whiney voice to which Maria lets out a chuckle.

"Dirty girl," she whispers under her breath, thinking that I couldn't hear.

-

Maria was an absolute saint driving me to Y/N. We definitely broke a few laws in terms of speeding and running a few red lights but oh well. I didn't know what was wrong, that boy could be hurting her for all I know, and a couple of bright colored lights weren't gonna stop me. Maria could clearly tell how important this was so she didn't mind breaking those laws either.

"It's here, pull up here," I tell her and she's quick to park up outside of the restaurant I dropped Y/N off at earlier, and there she was sitting on the curb, playing with an empty beer bottle she found on the side of the road.

I run out of the car and up to her as quick as I can, taking a seat beside her.

"Baby, let go of that. It's dirty," I instruct and take the glass from her, placing it away from us. "What's going on, honey? What did he do?" I ask and tuck a few loose strands of hair behind her ear with the hand I didn't touch the beer bottle with.

"Why's Maria in the car?" she questions, trying to change the subject.

"She was just over to hang ou-"

"Save it. You guys have been screwing, I know."

"Then why did you ask?" She shrugs her shoulders before tearing up again. "Sweetheart, please. What the hell happened? Did he do something? Did he hurt you?"

"No. Well not physically. I'm pretty sure him asking me out was just a dare. He's in there right now with another girl from school. A popular one. A prettier one."

"Hey, don't say that. You're beautiful! And as for that dickhead, if he didn't wanna go on a date with you then that's on him. He is missing out on a wonderful young lady and it's his loss. Don't let the actions of some stupid guy from school determine your self worth. Why does he get to decide that?"

"He doesn't," she mumbles. I didn't raise my daughter to base her esteem off of what other people think of her.

"Exactly. Now come on, we're going on our own mother-daughter date. You got all ready for the evening and I'm not letting you waste it by being all sad in your room."

"But what about Maria?"

"I'll tell you what I'm gonna do," Maria starts as she gets out of the car and sits down on the other side of Y/N. "I'm gonna drop you girls off somewhere nice, come back here and go in there to embarrass the crap out of him in front of his date, then I'm gonna go to the store to buy a shit ton of ice cream. Then, when you and your mom are done, I'm gonna pick you up, drop you off back at yours with the ice cream and you're both gonna have a movie night. Sound good?"

"Except for one thing, you have to come to movie night too," Y/N tells her with a smile.
"No shagging, though."

"Y/N!" I scold playfully and we all erupt into laughter.

"What are you gonna do to him?" my daughter asks.

"Don't worry about that, princess. Let's get you two to a nice restaurant, a lot nicer than this shit hole."

-

Me and Y/N have been at this restaurant for around two hours now and we've had the time of our lives. I've told her about every single shitty date I've endured to make her feel a little less worse and I think it worked.

"This is so much better than the date I was gonna go on."

"Well duh! Mom trumps anyone. I think we should pay up now, Maria's on her way and I'm pretty sure she's raided half the store," I chuckle.

"Okay. And mama?"

"Yes, my love?"

"Thank you. For coming to save me."

"Aww, baby. Of course. I'm always gonna be here for you. It's you and me, always forever ."

Always forever.

-

my blackhill heart is exploding rn