Chapter 9, Part 18

"A~lright Kotarou, you ready? Sit!"

At the garden of Yuuji's residence were the figures of Yuuji, Alice, Kotarou and the young elven girl Riese.

As pointed out by the bulletin board last night, they seem to be verifying the fact that Kotarou could grasp the languages of the other world.

First, Yuuji approached Kotarou, who was at the center of the garden, and commanded her in Japanese.

Kotarou had a complicated expression. As if to say geez, it's a little late for this isn't it. Kotarou followed Yuuji's voice and sat down. It appears that she intended to keep them company in their verification.

"Yup, well, it's natural that saying sit in Japanese would work, isn't it? Kotarou is so clever"

The squatting Yuuji stroked Kotarou's head.

Kotarou frowned reluctantly, but her tail did not hide. Her tail was swinging as if to say I'm in such a good mood.

After stroking for a while, Yuuji separated from her and following that, Alice approached Kotarou.

It is finally the crucial moment.

Kotarou quickly stood on four legs, as if she understood what Alice was trying to do.

"Next is Alice's turn! Kotarou, sit!"

Responding to Alice's voice, Kotarou sat down with a thump.

"Oooh!" went Yuuji's voice. Although Alice had begun her Japanese language studies, the command she handed down on to Kotarou was in her local language. Of course she did not show any hand signs.

"Kotarou is so clever, isn't she!" Alice said with a face full of smiles and stroked her just like Yuuji. She seemed to have noticed the gravity of the matter.

"Are you serious, Kotarou... No wait, it could also be by chance... She's been hanging around Alice for a long time, so she may have remembered the language too somehow..."

Kotarou looked at the muttering Yuuji with pity. As if to say geez, he really hasn't realized it.

And then, Alice separated from her.

The next turn is the elven girl, Riese.

'Kotarou, best regards! Err... Sit!'

For Riese, she gave the command to Kotarou in her usual language.

Kotarou sat down with a thump.

Perhaps happy that she listened to her command, Riese also stroked Kotarou's head with a smiling face.

"That can't be true... Then Kotarou can understand the language of the other world too... what is this..."

"No, she may have just tried to sit somehow," Yuuji noticed unusually, and tried out various commands.

The results.

It appears that just like Yuuji, Kotarou could grasp the language of the other world.

However, Kotarou had been listening and responding to Yuuji and Alice's conversation until now.

It was a little late for this.

  □ □ ■ ■ □ ■ ■ □ □

"Mr Yuuji, are you really fine with this?"

"Yes. I've decided that the first one would be with you after all, Mr Kevin"

Perhaps tense, Yuuji answered Kevin in a somewhat trembling voice.

The two middle-aged men holding each other's hands while facing each other, stared at each other.

It was not that he was trying to do anything indecent with a fellow man.