Chapter 7, Idle Talk 1 [7-4] Mark-kun, doing his best

A.N. 7-4 means this idle talk happens around vol 7 chapter 4.

"Master Yuuji, have a safe journey!"

"Mister Yuuji, Alice-chan, be careful!"

Spring of the fourth year since Yuuji had come to another world.

The dogkin Marcel and his son Mark saw off Yuuji and Alice who departed to the city for the first time as well as the others.

Alice who walked on an animal trail looked back and grandly swung her arm towards Mark who shook his hand. Seeing that, Mark's face turned red. It was the springtime of his life.

"Now then... It's work on the farm I guess! Mark, will you help me out?"

"Yeah, dad! I will work hard!"

Mark answered energetically. However he had a dream he wanted to fulfill now that Alice wasn't here.

  □ □ ■ ■ □ ■ ■ □ □

Early morning of the second day since Yuuji and co departed.

Mark replaced the water jug that caught the water streaming from the hose from Yuuji's house. Setting an empty earthenware pot once the water had accumulated was Mark's job. The water that comes out from the hose was adjusted by Yuuji at a rate that is enough for six people, including the three adventurers. Enough to fill three large water jugs in a day.

"Heave ho. Uughn, it's heavy... But to think we don't even have to worry about water, Mr. Yuuji is amazing... I have to work hard too!"

It appears Mark was overvaluing Yuuji. What was amazing was the house and its facilities, not Yuuji.

Mark carried the weighty water jug and walked unsteadily. Suddenly the water jug became light.

"Looks pretty heavy, sonny! I'll carry it!"

The greatsword wielding and gaudy armored Hector of the trio of adventurers who remained for house-sitting. He seemed to have stuck out his hand and held the water jug.

"Eh, but that is my job so..."

"Kids don't have to worry about something like that I tell you!" while saying so, Hector briskly walked. As usual he didn't listen to what people say, but he seemed to be good natured.

Hector placed the water jug inside the Yaranga, the tent where the beastkin family lived in and left, saying "See you!" Apparently he was heading to his daily morning training routine.

Mark looked at the retreating figure and repeatedly stopped saying something. He wanted to say something, but he couldn't readily gather his determination. It seems his tightly grasped fists was representing such feelings of his.

*clack clack* The sound of hitting wood reverberated.

At the space south of Yuuji's house, between the farmland and the location that was cleared of trees, the Hector and the large built man, Joss of the house-sitting group were training using large tree branches.

Mark secretly looked into their appearance from the shades of a tree. Apparently he had something he wanted to say to them. However he could not grab the timing to come out, he was at a loss. "what should I do, won't it be a bother I wonder" Mark worried about such things and from his back approached a person. They quietly stood behind Mark and with a slap they hit his shoulder.

"Hyah! Oh, it's you mom, that scared me..."

"Mark... If you have something you want to say, then say it instead of worrying about it. You're a boy after arr!"