Chapter 5, Part 6. Yuuji, Hearing the Knowledge Request from the Peddler Kevin

「One million...... No, so it costs one gold coin?......」(Yuuji)

「Yes, that's right. However, if I can produce goods using Yuuji-san's knowledge, then I believe I could obtain it again. Of course, I will split half of the profits with Yuuji-san.」(Kevin)

「Y, yeah...... That's right, right?......」(Yuuji)

Yuji looked overwhelmed by the heaviness of Kevin's words. As a person who never entered society, this might be something inevitable for Yuuji. Even though he has a bank account with savings exceeding one gold coin.

「It seems that this has caused you to feel a bit nervous, so let's have a talk about this world tomorrow. Now, let's have a talk about the knowledge that I request. It wouldn't be good if Yuuji-san couldn't get peace of mind.」(Kevin)

「I-I understand......」(Yuuji)

Or rather, Yuuji had became relatively stiff.

In this exchange of goods and the information about this world, Yuuji would provide knowledge in return.

Then Kevin would produce it, and they will share the profits after being sold on the market.

In other words, the level of knowledge that Kevin wants to talk about after this and what Yuuji needed to taught. It's not an exaggeration to say that this will decide Yuuji's future.

So it couldn't be helped if Yuuji was nervous.

「Yuuji-san, it's alright, no need to be that tense. Although this is an opportunity, I wouldn't request something big in the beginning. For now, please just hear this with a more calmer feeling.」(Kevin)

"Yeah", Yuuji could only throw out a vague reply. His nervousness didn't melt.

「Yuuji-san. This is something that I wished as a peddler, and had thought when I sold things from village to village...... Preserved food. Do you know the way to make them?」(Kevin)

「Preserved food? Like the hard bread or jerky meat?」(Yuuji)

「Yes, that's right. Things that can be carried will be best, but as long as it can be preserved for a long time, then even things that cannot be carried will not be a problem. Something that not only can be sold to merchants like me or adventurers like them, but can be sold to the villages in the winter as well.」(Kevin)

Since the request was something relatively familiar to his knowledge, Yuuji felt a bit relieved.

「Preserved food...... There are some that come to mind......」(Yuuji)

「Oh! Oh! Is that true!?」(Kevin)

Hearing Yuuji's words, Kevin showed a smile on his face. He then continued his words.

「How should I say this, as a someone with a merchant occupation, of course I had to eat a lot of preserved food. So I had become bored by it. Ah that's right, I will inform Yuuji-san about the preserved food that I had previously bought in Premie and the surrounding villages! Since I will hand it over little by little, please tell me if Yuuji-san knows something! Ah, that's right, I will also give papers, pen and ink. I will be grateful if Yuuji-san could write down the production method if Yuuji-san knows about it.」(Kevin)

Although Yuuji was surprised by Kevin who spoek without hesitation, he received the paper, pen, and ink that Kevin handed over to him.

After handing over the goods, Kevin immediately spread a carpet on the ground, placed preserved foods atop of it and began explaining.

「First is this. The hard baked bread that I had given to Yuuji-san before. This is the staple food for merchants and travelers. At any rate, this is tough to bite into. Although it will be okay if you're only eating this once or twice, but if it continues beyond three times then the jaw could break. This is the top reason peddlers would, since in the first place, people with weak teeth couldn't even eat the hard bread.」(Kevin)