Yuuji, Worried about the Frequency of Repulsing Encounter with Orcs and Goblins

「Alright, Kotarou, good job!」

Yuuji's voice and Kotarou's "woof-woof" barking voice resounded in the forest.

Yuuji was looking at a deer.

It height was about 80cm. Although its outer appearance resembled that of a sika deer1, it was smaller in comparison. Or perhaps, the one that Kotarou had chased away from its herd was still a young deer.

Perhaps it had finally given up on running away after being chased around by Kotarou. The deer pointed its horns towards Yuuji and rushed.

As if responding to the deer's futile resistance, Yuuji put his body weight forward and firmly clasped the shield with both of his hands.

With a dull clang, the deer's rush was stopped. Yuuji could endure the attack and was only pushed back slightly.

He promptly released his right hand from the shield, grasped a short spear and then thrusted it into the deer.

Kotarou caught up with the dear, approached from its side and crashed into it, making use of her speed.

As it was struck from the side, she pushed down the weakened deer.

Yuuji grasped a machete and gave the finishing blow to the dying deer that had fallen on the ground.

It was already the end of the summer season.

Having left Alice at the house, Yuuji and Kotarou had visited the forest for foraging and hunting.

"I can obtain fruits and nuts that can only be found in this season. Also, surely autumn is the hunting season. No that's not right, perhaps it is in the late autumn or winter? Well, since this is another world, I don't really know." Was what Yuuji had in mind.

Somehow or another, Kotarou had detected a herd of deer while exploring.

One hour after that, Kotarou had separated one deer from the flock and roused it to Yuuji who then killed it.

It was a splendid traditional deer hunting. Yuuji was strong, too.

「Alright, today is a feast!」

Kotarou wagged her tails in a fidgety manner and barked, "Woof!", as if saying, "Since the deer seems to be delicious, I shall take delight in it."

Digging up a small hole next to the slain deer, Yuuji tied the deer carcass to a nearby wood branch with climbing rope before lifting it up. He was draining the blood out.

It was a feat of strength using his increased physical strength from Rank Up.

"Oh, I could do this!", Yuuji muttered by himself, but at that time, Kotarou's fur stood up and she entered into an alert state.

Then Kotarou immediately butted Yuuji's leg with her head, continuously pushing him into the bush. As if she was going to say, "The enemy is coming, so let us hide for now."

Yuuji understood Kotarou's intentions for once and silently left the deer. Blood dripped from the suspended deer.

After distancing himself away for about 5 meters, Yuuji looked at the surroundings and before long, the target of Kotarou's cautiousness showed itself.

It was 6 goblins and 2 orcs.

It was a group with the strongest battle power that they had encountered up until now.

Yuuji was hesitating since the total number was 8 enemies, but Kotarou quietly looked at Yuuji's eyes.

Her eyes transmitted her intentions, "Let's do a surprise attack, we must not hand over that deer."