Chapter 4, Part 2 Yuuji, Attempting a Conversation with Adventurers Trio

「......Go-go-good ebenen」(Yuuji)

Yuuji who somehow squeezed out a greeting with all of his might, fumbled his words.

Although the smart Kotarou would usually give him some follow up, she was currently growling menacingly at the adventurers beyond the gate.

Yuuji was confused!1

「Adventurer-san, good evening!」(Alice)

The one who broke the stiff atmosphere was the bright voice of Alice.

With a friendly smile she greeted the adventurers.

「Good morning cute young lady! What a marvelous building, this is the first time I've see a building like this! Do you both live in here? Ah, I am Hector! A 8th Rank adventurer from Purumie City, while hunting for snow hare we found an animal trail, so *uph*!」(Hector)

Hector who was talking enthusiastically was punched in the jaw by the right fist of the women with bow. At the same time, a large man who had exceed 190 cm in height stepped forward.

「I'm sorry for the commotion. Just like what he had said, we are adventurers from Purumie City. My name is Joss. We found an animal trail and thinking that there might be goblins or bandits, while following it we ended up at this place.」(Joss)

Giving a sidelong glance at the fallen Hector, Joss began to speak with composed tone. As a large man with a solemn voice, he was the facilitator of the party.

「......Irene. Same as Joss.」(Irene)

Half concealed behind the large man's shadow, Irene who held a bow gave her greetings. It seemed that she would leave the dealings to Joss.

「Alice is Alice! 6 years old! Alice lived at Anfore Village, but the bandits came and Alice ran away, so now Alice is living together here with Yuuji-nii!」(Alice)

While saying how great Alice was for being able give a good greeting like this, Yuuji petted Alice's head. He watched Alice who replied with a large laugh.

Alice who was smiling brightly locking eyes with Yuuji.

'It's Yuuji-nii's turn', Yuuji finally noticed the meanings behind Alice's gaze.

What a piece of junk.

「A-ah that true, my turn, right? Umm, it's Yuuji. And this dog is Kotarou. Nice to meet you.」(Yuuji)

Yuuji finally gave off his name. However, he only conveyed Yuuji and Kotarou's name.

After that while touching Kotaru, Yuuji grumbled in low voice, "That's strange, Kotarou usually doesn't get agitated like this...... Is she excited from meeting with people?"

Ignoring the adventurers, he didn't make any eye contact with them.

That Kotarou was still glaring at the adventurers while showing her teeth and growling menacingly.

"This place belongs to Yuuji and Alice. I will protect both of you!" (Kotarou)

Her determination could be perceived.

Sometimes, while keeping her glare at the adventurers, her hind leg repeatedly kicked Yuuji's leg.

What a skillful dog.

"You also need to be vigilant!" (Kotarou)

Was something she wanted to convey to Yuuji.

Although, Yuuji didn't understand anything of what Kotarou wanted to say to him.

As everyone didn't really understand the situation, the silent minutes kept continuing.

The only sounds could be heard were Kotarou's growls and the sound of her hind limb repeatedly kicking Yuuji's feet as she told him, "Get a hold of yourself!"