shush

I almost fall asleep when I suddenly hear the front door open and close again. I slowly take a gun out of my nightstand and load it. It's not dark outside yet so it would be stupid to try and break in and it would also be very difficult to get past my security but after the fight yesterday nothing would surprise me.

I hear footsteps approaching my bedroom when I suddenly hear knocks at the door. I flinch and quickly look down to Mabel making sure I didn't wake her up. Luckily she's still asleep.

"Come in" I say quiet but loud enough for the person at my door to hear it. An intruder wouldn't have knocked so I know it must be someone from my inner circle.

The door opens to reveal René peaking in. He looks down at Mabel and gives me a smirk. "Getting soft over here?" he laughs. I hold up my gun and wave it with raised eyebrows. "Careful" I warn him before putting the gun back down.

Suddenly Marco rushes in. "Boss, we got some information on-" He stops in his tracks as he sees Mabel sleeping on me. I give him a deadly look and then point my hands palms up to Mabel, symbolizing him to be quiet. "Sorry" he whispers.

"Shouldn't you be in the office?" I ask him in a serious tone. "I sent René to tell you but he took a little too long" Marco turns to René at the last part with an insulting voice. "What did you do? Took a quick stop at the McDonald's drive through or what?" "I- The cops pulled me out that's what took so long" René complains annoyed.

"If you don't shut up right now I'm gonna shoot you on the spot" I mutter angrily. "But that would wake up Mabel" Marco jokes while letting out a laugh causing René to suppress a laugh as well. "I meant the both of you" I warn him, the gun pointing in their direction switching between him and René with a raised brow. They finally shut up.

"Wait downstairs" I turn my gaze away but then back at them "and be quiet" I demand making sure to accentuate the last part of my sentence. They nod and close the door quietly. I somehow manage to get off the bed without waking up Mabel. I place a light kiss on her forehead and make my way down the stairs.

Marco and René are standing in the kitchen. I think the only reason they don't tease me anymore is because they know in what bad of a mood I am.

"First of all, why the fuck did the police pull you out?" I ask René in an annoyed tone to which he replies by shrugging his shoulders. I take out my phone and dial the number of my man that I smuggled into the police.

"What the FUCK do I pay you for? The cops pulled out René earlier." "It must've been some newbies-" "I don't care who it was just fucking fix it" I roar into the phone before I hang up.

"And what was so important to make you come here and interrupt me?" I turn my gaze to Marco in anger. "One of the Racks spoke. He said that Johnny Reap was behind Michael's murder. They've been planning it for a while."

Johnny Reap is the leader of a gang called the Rapers. I'm pretty sure you already know what caused them to earn this name. Originally they were the "Reaps" but you know. I don't support violence against women, especially not if someone rapes one. That's why I normally want to talk to women myself before we start to interview her if we catch one. Johnny and I made a deal. I don't cross his business and parts of America and he doesn't cross mine. With the murder on Michael he broke it. He always wanted to take my leadership over the Cuts.

"Fuck!" I slam my fist onto the kitchen counter while letting out a loud scream. Suddenly the bedroom door opens and Mabel waddles down the stairs, still sleepy while rubbing her face. "What's wrong?" she asks innocently.

Marco's pov
I quickly rush over to Mabel in order to prevent her from coming into the kitchen. "Your timing couldn't be any worse. You better not go in there." "But why? What happened?" she tries to walk past me, suddenly all awake. I spread my arms to stop her. "That's not the time and place right now-" I get interrupted by the ringing of the doorbell. René quickly walks over and opens it as Phil, another one of our friends - the inner circle - walks in.