quiet

one week later

Aryan has been very dismissive for the past week. I don't know why. But maybe it's better like that - at least I can't fall in love with him if he's not around. I've been hanging out with Eros again. I know that I'm just using him for his company but I don't really care.

"Mabellll" Amy hugs me from behind and then swings her body in front of me. It's an exhausted rather than a motivated swing. "Are you good?" I ask surprised since she's never unmotivated. "I kissed Madelene and she literally ran for her life" she rests her head on my shoulder with a heavy sigh.

Ouch.

"That sucks. I bet she was just overwhelmed and caught off guard. You'll be fine, I'm sorry" I try to hype her up a little. "Hey, don't tell Eros. He's gonna make fun of me" she points her finger in my face with her eyebrows raised to warn me.

"Why would I?" I ask with a slightly confused look on my face. "You don't have to act like you're not fucking." "Amy" I look her directly in the eyes, resting my hands on her shoulders "we're not fucking".

"Okayyy oh my god" she brushes it off with a laugh. "All right" I let go of her shoulders and we start walking to our next class. "But you don't have to put on such a disgusted look just to convince me" Amy says. "I didn't-" wait I think the thought of me and Eros fucking is actually disgusting me for some reason. I feel like the more time passes by the more he gets on my nerves. I'm not attracted to him anymore - not even a little bit.

I speed up and enter our classroom where Aryan is already sitting on his chair, his face unbothered of everything. He's always been a pretty emotionless person. Well I wouldn't say emotionless - he just doesn't show them except for when they're negative. And except for this one day a week ago. He doesn't give a fuck about anyone but himself. Maybe that's why we got along so well when we were friends. He locks eyes with me, causing me to quickly look away. I don't wanna look at him. He hasn't talked to me and I don't want him to think I miss him.

Aryan's pov
I avoided talking to Mabel after she spent the night at my house. What was going through my head that day? I can't catch feelings for her. I've never developed feelings for anyone. I mean I liked her two years ago but that was mostly because I spent so much time with her. I was 17. It's dangerous to attach to someone in my business. I'm leader of the most feared gang in America. People get killed daily.

A familiar presence entering the classroom pulls me out of my thoughts. A little too familiar. I look over to the door and see Mabel and Amy walk in.
Shit. Why does she have to look over at me.
She quickly moves her gaze away while I keep our eye contact to show dominance, I don't know why I always do that. I guess I just like to be intimidating.

I wonder why she didn't text me at all. I know Mabel isn't the kind to spam my phone but she didn't text me at all. I don't care actually. At least I can't catch feelings for her that way.

I hate this class. I look over to Mabel. I don't know what it is but there's something about her that amazes me every time. I can't keep my eyes off her. I feel the constant need to protect her. But the only person she actually needs to be protected from is me.

Suddenly I feel a vibration in my pocket. I take out my phone. My workmen caught someone we have been trying to catch for a while. I quickly get up and walk out of the classroom.