21 // bertholdt

i cant believe aot looks like its both 3d and 2d like how

but honestly whst was i thinking during those first few chapters?? like "You choked down the urge to scream in agony due to the lack of homosexuals" it's so embarrassing bro like tfym??

if you've made it this far i beg of you, just think that it was your guilty conscience eating you alive

makes more sense right??

i think..........

anwyay, this is by far the longest chapter i've written and it's aeound 3am. goodnifhr

-

Bertholdt followed the plan, wrecking the city and spreading debris to create an ocean of fire.

"Armin? What now?" Jean asks. "Wait for burning houses to flatten us?" Armin nervously looked up at Mikasa. "Armin. You're in command. We follow your orders." She tells him. "We retreat," Armin decides.

"Rally at the commader for new orders. We'll engage the colossal titan in a battle of attrition as originally planned."

"Hold up, Armin," Jean speaks up. "It'll be a disaster if we let Bertholdt near the wall and the others. Not to mention, (Name)." He points out. "If the houses in the inner gate catch fire, they'll be sandwhiched between the fire and the beast titan."

"That means... we have no choice but to defeat Bertholdt right here?" Armin felt scared. He couldn't make much decisions on his own, let alone lead an entire squad of scouts without assistance. "And we have to do it with the people we have here?"

"Hey... those houses will drop on us." Connie says, sweating from the thought. "You think one of those houses is Eren's?"

...

"How do you feel having your own roof over your head again, Eren?"

Connie shouts before laughing. "Sasha, could you smack Connie?" Jean says and Sasha does. "I don't think he knows our location." Mikasa assumes, watching Bertholdt move further and further away. "Yes. He's making Shiganshina a sea of flames by scattering burning debris." Armin analyzes.

The debris landed on the house right across the roof they were on.

"Armin! The fire! Your orders?" Connie asks with fear. "Hurry it up!" Sasha shouts. Armin watched Bertholdt rain fire and destruction on Shiganshina.

"Jean, can you take my place?"

Armin asks, feeling the pressure weigh him down so much that he couldn't handle it. "I just don't know what to do. I was wrong reading Bertholdt, and look where it got us. Jean! You're better suited for this!" He says.

Jean understood and took the position. "Move to the river! Everyone aboard Eren! Conserve our gas!" He orders. Eren and the others complies, and they were watching Bertholdt move from the river. "At some point, we'll need to get Bertholdt's attention, but until then, don't let him see you." He tells Eren before calling Armin.

"I'm all right at reading situations, but I'm coming empty with a plan to get us out of this." Jean says. "In the end, we're all counting on you." Armin understood, yet frightened. Hanji and their squad were the ones preventing Armin from giving out his own orders.

On the other side, the recruits have gotten the remaining horses farther from each other. The captain and the squads were finished with the titans deep in their side.

"We're finished cleaning up here. The only small ones left are the ones way at the front." The scout relayed to the captain. "Still, how will we take down the beast titan? He's perfectly content sitting way over there."