6 // trost

[ i am going to fucking sob i just deleted the chapter with like 4k words trying to clean this shit oit becuaei it eas disteacrig.

so thanks to my goddamn actions i'm gonna go write based off of memory for the few 300 words or so

but hey, at least it's kinda better !?

unfortunstely this originally took around like 5 days becsuse of my lack of motivation so hopefully this would be better

i'm gojna cry bro i hate my life ]

-

You stood amongst the crowd, watching the main unit of the scout regiment prepare to set off on another operation in titan territory. You were simply here because of all the commotion the people were making for the humans.

"It's here—the main unit of the scout regiment!"

"Commander Erwin, give those titans a real thrashing!"

"Look, it's captain Levi!"

Truly, they were all hyped up for this next expedition the regiment would have. Watch them return with cold, dead bodies laying around on carts. You had thought, moving around to find a spot where you could rest your ears for a bit. You glanced at the people that pointed at a certain scout, but the first thing you saw was a beautiful brunette with glasses. "They say he's as mighty as an entire brigade!"

You muttered a small "Oh." when you realized that they were talking about the male with black hair accompanied by an undercut and a perfectly homemade resting bitch face. Well, at least he looks cool. You thought. 

"Talk about annoying..." Levi muttered of the people that were growing more and more obssessed with him each day. "This is nothing like five years ago!" Eren had exclaimed as you brushed through the people. "People actually feel hopeful about the scout members!" He said. "Yes, everyone has cheered up since then," Hanna spoke from behind. "Nothing has happened in five years."

"They've upgraded the mounted cannons, too. I doubt the colossal titan would show up." said Franz, who was beside Hanna. You nodded sadly, although not in agreement. "That's a load of crap, you idiotic couple!" Eren yelled. Hanna and Franz's faces flushed red from embarrassment. "What? Us, a married couple?" Hanna thought of the words carefully, and you knew she was considering it as she flailed her hand at Eren as she covered her face with the other.

Franz did the same, only that he was calmer and didn't think of the scene as much as Hanna did. "You're getting way ahead of yourself, Eren!" He exclaimed, covering his mouth with his arm. Eren was mad at the two lovebirds, but then a voice of a Garrison soldier came from the side. "Hey, guys!" A blonde approached the three. "Mr. Hannes!" Eren exclaimed from his presence. "I heard you graduated yesterday. Man, you brats have really grown up." Hannes said. You decided to leave the crowd, since you already heard the creaking of the gate opening for the scouts.

You were planning to join the scout regiment partially your own choice. Totally not because your friends wanted to see if the inheritor of the founding or, if you're lucky, the attack titan—who was born because of Ymir's desire for freedom—would be a brave, young soldier fighting for the freedom of humanity or a weak, cowardly human that relies on regeneration and their ability—if they even know they have it—to survive in this harsh, cruel world.

Personally, your first suspect was Eren Jaeger.

-

You sighed, exerting yourself to clean the artillery that was useless for around a century or so.

You were part of the "mounted artillery maintenance squad. Four." Which meant that you were supposed to clean cannons that would finally be useful in a few minutes. It also doubles as a good excuse to go ahead and watch Bertholdt's efforts in demolishing the gate. It wasn't guaranteed that it would be a smooth ride, but you were the kind of person to rely on for backup.