8 // polo

( before you start, there's gonna be scenes that would happen every second and such, so try to keep up (which is pretty easy) and that there's prob gonna be some errors so feel free to point it out )

-

Based on the scout regiment's reports, it was believed that the titans would appear from the south. Indeed, it was Shiganshina district, on the south side of wall Maria, that the titans attacked. As a result, the fortified city of Trost on the south side of wall Rose was deemed their next most likely target. Dot Pyxis, the top officer in charge of Trost and the entire southern territory, and the man given full authority for the defense of humanity's most vital region. 

Now that this information is cleared, Pyxis peered over the wall after taking a sip of his drink, staring down at the titans clawing on the wall. "No, not at all," he said. "I certainly wouldn't mind being gobbled up by a beautiful female titan." And he is also considered a full-blown eccentric. "What is the commander thinking? He is talking to those freaks without a single bodyguard?" shouted Kitz to himself. "I don't know. He's never been one to make much sense." Rico responded.

The soldiers were assembled in front of the wall Pyxis brought Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. They all had gloomy expressions on their faces, seeing how they were filled with dread.

"I see. So visiting this basement will make everything clear?" Pyxis said. "Yes. Do you believe me?" Eren then asked. "You can't provide proof for yourself, so for now, I'm simply keeping it all in mind." Pyxis tapped his temple before turning around. "But I do believe I can tell when someone is sincere or not. I will personally guarantee your safety." The trio sighed in relief. "Cadet Arlelt, was it?" Pyxis called. "Yes, sir!" Armin saluted respectably. "Earlier, you mentioned that with this so-called 'titan ability,' it would be possible to retake this city. Do you truly believe that?" Pyxis then asked, "Or was that just a desperate plea for your life?"

"Well... both." Armin answered truthfully. "I was going to suggest that Eren, in titan form, could take that giant rock and us it to block the wrecked entrance. It was just an idea I came up with on the spot." He added, "I just wanted them to see the advantages of having Eren's ability and how it could help solve the situation we're in." Pyxis turned around to look at the ruined city, to which Armin took that as a wrong answer. "Of course, I was desperate to survive too!" 

"'Desperate to survive.' There's nothing more credible than those words." said Pyxis, drinking from his bottle. "What do you say, cadet Jaeger? Can you plug the hole?" He asked, kneeling down to the boy's level. "Well, about that... I'm not sure. Right now, I don't really understand any more than the rest of you." Eren answered. "Maybe I can, maybe I can't. I don't know. I don't feel I can risk giving an irresponsible answer." 

"Oh yes, my apologies. I asked the wrong question." said the soldier before adding on with a demanding voice, "Will you do it or not?" 

Eren gasped from the true question. With no reply, Pyxis looked ahead of him, and so did the other three. They stared at the horizon, where the titans' territory stood. Eren sweat dropped, turning around. "I'll do it," Eren responded after some quick thinking, "I don't know if I can plug the hole or not, but I'll do it!" 

"Well said! You're a real man!" Pyxis hummed in approval of Eren's answer, patting his shoulders before standing up to the edge of the wall. "Calling all officers! We have a plan to put together!" He shouted. "You can't be serious!" Armin exclaimed. "It was just some half-baked plan I came up with on the spot! We're actually going through it?" He asked. "That's what I thought too, but there's no point in doubting his decision. Commander Pyxis must be envisioning something that we can't see yet." Eren said. "Something we can't see yet?" Armin echoed. "Plus, I think there's a bigger issue that needs to be addressed before we can carry out the plan. And the commander is keenly aware of it."