24: NORMAL COUPLE

CHAPTER 24

AILA

“Where are we exactly?” I asked while I try to drink in the view – how can the water be so…blue?

Caelon shakes with silent laughter, throwing his head back, “Caelon, where did you take me?”

“Hawaii, ma moitié, Maui island. Come on, we would have to explore the whole island and not have you gawk at the water alone.” He takes my hand and lead me towards the end of the shore at the foot of the cave where I guessed, no mortals has ever been before.

He waves his hand and opens the entrance to the cave. “Let’s go.”

“Why? What’s in there?”

“Stop asking and follow me,” The complaints I have been formulating died in my throat as I was dragged inside by Caelon, who seems so eager with the exploration. “Come on. I specially saved this view for you, no humans have ever seen it for it is not supposed to appear before them.”

“Wow!” I stand next to him, gob smacked; any form of words elluding my mind as I was momentarily struck dumb. The entrance opens up to a beautiful cove that contains shining rocks with a cerulean pond nestled in the middle where the sunlight is filtering in by the sizeable hole at the ceiling – letting in enough brightness to give beauty to the majestic view below.

“It’s like heaven.”

“Indeed,” Caelon nodded, not really listening to me as he started stripping off his clothes. I blushed, unable to stop myself from staring at his body.

It is so – godly.

“Don’t just stand there with your jumper and trousers on, strip it all down and join me!” Caelon dives in the water and later emerged, his hair like a dark halo around his face making him appear like a young boy. “Rubin, come on!”

“Alright, alright.” I rolled my eyes and hastily stripped off my clothes, shivering slightly as I stand by the edge of the water, looking at him wearily.

 “What are you waiting for? Jump!”

I furiously shake my head and take a step back. Caelon sighs as he swam closer, just a meter away from where I was standing, “I’ll catch you, Rubin. Go on, just jump!”

I braced myself, closing my eyes as I pounced, not really sure of what I am doing.

Cold water bites my skin yet his warmth later envelopes me. He helps me up and steadied me above the water. I shivered, trying to tap my foot on the ground but it’s like a few feet deeper.

“Breathe, okay? I am here. I won’t leave you.” Still afraid of answering him, I reached out for his neck and latched on, making him laugh. Caelon waves his hand and I observed him as he summons a driftwood from the depth of the cove.

“Here, lean unto it. It will help you float.”

“But I don’t want to let you go.”

“No. You won’t let me go, you are just going to hold unto this wood and I will guide you.” I stared at Caelon’s eyes, whispering, “Caelon, I don’t want to let go.”

His face fell as he realize the weight and true meaning of my words. He let me float next to him, his arm securely holding me in place so that I won’t sink, “Shh, shh.”

“Can we stay there and not here? I don’t like water that much.” Caelon nodded in understanding and he guided me to the shallow part of the lake. “Here,” he indicated at the stone at the base, “Put your foot on it and hoist yourself up with this,” He softly said as he wraps the vines on my hand, pushing me up. I shivered as the cold wind hits my skin while Caelon followed, rising up from the water. He warmed me up by wrapping his arms around me, chanting words in the old tongue that momentarily soothe my raging nerves, calming me down.