11: CHOCOLATES

CHAPTER 11

AILA

“Where are we?”

“Kinpai,”Caelon smirked as he pulled me closer, “Our biggest chocolate factory located in Kyoto Japan.“

“Kinpai means gold cup. This is where it all started.” he nodded at me as he continue, “We produce the majority of the chocolates in all of Asia. Here, you can see the mass production,” Caelon pointed on his left and I pressed my head on the glass window, salivating at the sight of the dark mass that is flowing under us. “While here, Michiko and the rest of the others will be in charge of the special orders. It’s late – the factory closes soon and before they leave, they talk  about the performance of the product. Let’s go down and check the stations while they are gone.” I raised a brow and tried to see pass the darkness only to sigh, following him out of the room. I was quickly intoxicated by the scent of something so fragrant, wafting in my nose, as though it was the very air we are breathing in. 

“What’s that smell? It’s intoxicating.”

“Oh, that is cocoa, the main ingredient for making chocolates.”

My mouth feel open as Caelon led us inside a room where big whirring things circulates the dark fluid from the transparent glass. The process alone was mesmerizing and I couldn’t take my eyes off of them. Caelon points to the next room that contains millions of dark brown balls, some of them covered with bright golden and silver wrappers.

 “This is where magic really happens.”

“What magic?” I took one of the dark balls and stared at it, watching it as one of them slowly melted on my hand. “Did you use enchantments and potions on them? Are they lethal? I won’t die if one of this melted on my hands, would I?”

He bit his lip and smiled, “Some of the special orders, yes, I put allurements, but most of it, no. I personally studied how to make the chocolates and raised the cacao trees myself.” He nudged my hand which is holding the melted chocolate, “And it is not lethal. You can eat it, it’s edible and doesn’t contain poison – let me assure you.” I dubiously look at the ball, watching him as he puts two of them inside his mouth, smacking his lips, “Hmm.”

I bit my lip before taking one, putting the ball inside my mouth. “Oh!”

It’s like having sex with Caelon. Dark and sexy and so satisfying. I blushed at the thought, thankful that Caelon remains clueless of what I was thinking about. If he finds out, I’ll be dying of embarrassment and never see the light again.

“See, I told you so!” He grins at me, his teeth stained with chocolate. My heart fluttered in my chest and I felt like my stomach had just fallen. What is this? Why is he making me feel like I am floating? He touched my arm, pulling me away from my thoughts. “How is it, Aila?”

 “This taste like…felt like, heaven. It’s warm and melts in my mouth, making me feel like I would never be sad again.” As though, the promise of forever includes me and you. I gaze at Caelon, wishing that I could wrap my arms around him but he will think of me as someone weird. He only like touching when we are in bed and not in public.