8: MARRYING THE CUPID

CHAPTER 8

CAELON

"Aila!" I was startled when she ran towards me, her face ashen. "What are you doing here?"

Aila trembled as she held upon my coat, her head buried in my chest. She did not reply and so, I urged her to look at me, surprised to see that she is crying. "Did you miss me that much? We just saw each other awhile ago, didn't we?"

She shakes her head and sniffed, "I didn't miss you. It's just that, someone was here before you came."

"What?" I frowned, looking around the empty bedroom. "Who came here, Aila?"

"I don't know him, but, he is stall and he is wearing black coat like you. But it is weird, because his voice is so deep like it is echoing from six feet under and he smells like dead flowers and rotten bodies..." She shivered and my eyes widened at her description.

I took a sniff and confirm her words. Hades came here.

"What did he say to you? Did he hurt you?" I inspected her wrist and her arms but she pulls away and I suddenly felt embarrassed of my actions. Why am I being concerned of a cupid?

"No. He didn't had the chance to, because you came." Aila looked up to me, her cheeks stained with tears, "I am so scared, Caelon, I thought it is going to be my end. He appears so sinister and I can sense how powerful he is."

"He is, but it doesn't matter." I frown and remembered how I was dragged into this plate without my free will. "Did you summon me here? Because I didn't intentionally go here."

"No, I didn't. I only thought of you and the next moment I know, you are there-glaring at me, just like now." I massaged my forehead and tried not to glare at her as I think about the situation further.

She has the ability to summon me now, which means that the connection between us is growing stronger. What Emyr just stated about the prophecy is true. If I failed to recognize this connection and decided to forget about it, Hades will surely come for me. I can already see the dangers that will surround her now that Hades saw who she is and what she is.

I have to take her now.

There will be more time to think about how we can trick Hades but for now, I have to marry her. Not later.

Making my decision, I slipped my hand on hers and tugged on it gently, holding her close.

"What are you doing?" Aila asked in an uneven voice, covering her face her hands. I smirked, my plan unfolding as I summoned the wind.

*

Her hands skimmed the top of my chest and I couldn't help it. I pushed Aila, earning a little gasp from her. I stared at her eyes and leaned down for a kiss, smiling when she responded with the same passion I have.

This is it. This is the right moment.

I pulled away and whispered, "Marry me."

The sound of harsh breathing is all that can be heard in the small room where I brought the two of us. A little gasp escaped the lips of the beautiful creature that is nestled beneath me.

"What?" she squeaked and I sigh.

"I said, marry me."

Aila couldn't help but look at me. She touched her lips that is numb with all the biting and sucking that I gave her.

She shakes her head and pushed the door open, hastily freeing herself from the small dark room. I followed her out and tugged at her.

"Marry me, Aila."