1 : HEARTS AND WINDOWS

Emyr speaking everyone. How have you been? So, this author is so lousy with her writing so I am telling her to type what I am saying right now. Since I have started the story at the exciting part, I hope you are still interested in reading how they encountered each other for the first time. *Switches to a hush voice* I  promise you that the story is more exciting as it goes!

Oh, by the way, I have goven some images of Caelum to the author. I hope she post it along with my dialogue. Thanks!

*

CHAPTER 1

CAELON

Cunard!”

I groaned as I felt the pain upon my back, my tattered boxers were barely hanging upon my hips as I struggled to put my coat on. The enraged blonde woman was swearing at me in French but it doesn’t seem to wipe the smirk off my face only to groan when I remember the exact words of Gaea.

I need to find a wife before the next thanksgiving feast.

I realize how my plan had failed the moment I laid my eyes upon the angry blonde. Emyr was right. I definitely need to hire a wife and not just hook with anyone from the clubs that I go to. Maybe his idea is better.

The blonde woman continue to scream. I can’t remember what her name is, after all, she was just a fling for me.  She started throwing things at me after pulling upon my boxers. I’ve never seen a reaction as worse than she was and I understand why.

Who in their right mind wouldn’t be when she just realized she's been played at for so many months?

I never meant for her to find out about my ‘other women’ but when I woke up and started to call her with a different name, she just lashed out on me. I still can’t remember who she was, and for that, I sigh. I bit my lip and take a step back scanning the whole room and checking if I ever had left anything. It will be a hassle if I do, considering that I never want to see this crazy woman again.

“I gave you everyzhing and zis is ‘ow you repay me, you piece of zhidt!” She wipes her eyes, causing her to smudge her mascara and I find it hard to stop the laugh that is bubbling up my throat. The blonde woman threw the vase at me and I take a step back, “Filth. Get out, you cunard!”

She pushed me out of her door and I collapsed in a heap, laughing like a mad man.

I looked down at my wrist and realize my mistake as soon as the door closed behind me. Three beats! I need two more beats to survive the next few weeks.

As a Dieuoubliè, or  banished cupid in a layman’s term, I have to trick and hurt people, cause misunderstanding and chaos in order to survive in this earth. I owe my life to Gaea who felt pity upon my biased judgement and decided that I deserved a second chance. Though inconvenient this way of life is, I don’t hold it upon her. She saved me and for that I am forever thankful for.

As I was a cupid before who is in charge of giving love, taking it is not a big problem. Though sometimes, I feel lonely and envious when I witness the people around me, living and dying with love. It hurts me that I cannot receive any love for I was not deserving of it since I have received my punishment. I am uncertain as to why I was unfairly judged in the past, but a millennia’s worth of memory has dulled and remain blurry in my mind.

Yet, there is someone whom I always dreamed of. A girl. She appears to be the reason of my existence. She is the girl that I adored; one whom I cannot forget even if everything fades to nothing. She keeps me living, for in her, I hope that someday we will meet.