7: CUPID MEETS HADES

CHAPTER 7

AILA

I stared at the black pad on my hand and sigh, trying to forget about the pair of bright blue eyes that keeps on glaring at me.

I couldn’t help but think of him.

When I came here on earth with no one to turn to, he was the first one to offer me shelter and food, although reluctant at first, he took pity of me. He is the only person who I know and not having him next to me makes me feel awkward and vulnerable. I suddenly forgot how to be alone.

Yet I have more pressing matters to focus upon.

I need to find my parents. I need to know where they are, their living conditions and what happened to them. I have to listen to the story of how we ended up broken. And my mission, I have to accomplish it before my two hundred days is done. I only need to shoot fifty couples in total, which is easy.

I scratch my head and reach up to my quiver only to gasp. It’s nowhere.

The sight of the CHATEAU from the distance made me frown. I look down to the black pad in my hand and debated upon calling him or not.

He abandoned you. He doesn’t want you. The small voice in my head whispered and I found myself believing it for a moment. But then, he left a way for me to contact him. I only need to click number one—

My eyes widened as the phone slipped from my hands and fell on the pavement. I crouch down to pick it up but I am shove roughly to the side by a very big lady. Her skin is as dark as her hair that is viciously curly. She apologizes but I can’t help but sigh as I saw the phone on the pavement. It lay broken after it was run over by a car passing by. I took the remains and debated upon going to the CHATEAU to retrieve my bow and arrow.

Will he open the door for me?

I am afraid that my wings are still broken and weak to lift me up to his window. I gritted my teeth. I headed to the CHATEAU, not caring about getting caught or being kicked out. I have to find my arrows in order to perform my task. I need to finish my task so I can go and find my parents.

I was about to round the corner when someone pulled my arm, “Caelon!” I gasp, when I realized it wasn’t him. “Who are you?”

I gawked at the man: his eyes are glowing a curious shade of yellow, his body emitting a smell, fouler than anything I have smelt before making me have the sudden urge to puke.

“CU-PID!” his rattling breath chilled me to the bones and I tried to free myself but the man yanked my arm back and say, “ CU-PID, You?” His loud voice made me cringe. I closed my eyes, trying to block out the image of him about to kiss my arm when I was pulled back, “Aagh!”

My eyes widen as I came face to face with Caelon. He pushed the man off and throw some powder at him, muttering an incantation–I watch as a black smoke leave the man, transforming him back to the normal state of human, “What am I doing ‘ere? Who are you?”  The man asked after he got up from the pavement, “I waz juz there and–?”