5: WIND WHISPERS

CHAPTER 5

CAELON

"WHO THE HELL DID YOU BRING HERE, CAELON?! Did I not warn you that my place is completely off limits?"

The piercing wind blinded and deafened me for seconds and I sigh when I spotted the bright red hair from the distance, a meter away from where I was standing.

She followed me, again.

The message that Emyr sent me a few minutes ago still burns in my mind. He assumes that Hades found me and is currently lurking around the city of Paris, spying. Hades is waiting for his time to attack and take what's due. Emyr has mentioned it before that when the time comes and the scroll finally makes its appearance, Hades will follow through with the plan and claim my soul as he should have done a thousand of years ago.

Emyr said that I have cheated Hades by dying but I don't believe him. Why else would Hades follow me for a thousand years when he could easily claim my soul the moment I died? Something must have happened. The appearance of the scroll and my encounter with a cupid is a clear indication to that.

I just can't remember what has transpired before.

Sighing, I wave my hand at her, "Get out of there, Aila and come here."

The wind picks up and Emyr lounged at her as soon as she makes an appearance, holding her upon her neck. Aila whimpered and I flicked my hand to throw Emyr off of her.

"Caelon! No other people or creature is allowed here besides you and me. Why did you bring such foul creature? I made it very clear- this house is located here for a reason. Why do you not take me seriously? And why are you choosing this cupid over me?"

I watch as Emyr swatted her with his hand and Aila was thrown off to the edge, overlooking the cliff. My heart jumped inside my chest and I found myself running to her and pull her back yet her reaction surprised me.

"Wow!"

"Wow? What do you mean wow?!" The wind picks up as Emyr began seething with anger. Emyr's threat did not work for Aila even though it gave me a scare. Aila stared back to Emyr while the marks on his face, glows.

"Why does he look like that, Caelon?" Though she have said it with a whisper I know Emyr caught wind of it for he began shaking.

"What did you say?" His eyes dangerously glinted as he reach out to take her. I stand next to Aila and hold her close, shielding her from Emyr.

"Look here, mate," I held up a hand against his direction as Aila hides behind me, "I didn't mean to bring her here, okay? She can follow me through the wind. Foolishly and unknowingly, I brought her here so I am sorry, okay? It won't happen again." I watched as Emyr's fist relaxed on his sides and the marks on his face, faded.

*

"Does it really looks odd?"

"What?" I turn around and see him stroking his face by the mirror, turning side by side.

"My marks," Emyr rolls his eyes before he took a silver flask inside his coat and take a long draw from it, waving his hand on his face. "There, I've sorted it out. I just don't bother with it since no one has to remind me of its existence except that certain foul creature downstairs. " Emyr checks his face once again on the mirror before he settled on the sofa, waving his hand for me to take the other one that is facing him. I rolled my eyes, and he chuckled.

"Is this your plan, Caelon? To take the cupid here and kill her?"

"No." I bit my lip and tried to diver the topic back to him. "The message you sent sounds impossible, Emyr. Hades can't be spying on me."