12: CUPID'S HATE

CHAPTER 12

AILA

A month. We’ve been married for a month now and yet Caelon insisted that we still stretch the honeymoon phase for another week.

Caelon is easy to understand for he mostly keep to himself and lavish me when it is night. He enjoyed my body as much as I enjoyed his. Sometimes, he makes me think that all he wanted was my body and the pleasure I provide him. Thinking about it makes me sad. I know that he is not capable of reciprocating the feelings that I have and I know that it is wrong that I am keeping my feelings from him but I cannot do anything.

I have fallen for him. Hard.

I am well aware that I will be hurt once all of this is done which is why I tried to enjoy myself, treasuring every moment as though it will be my last. After all, this proposal is for the benefit of the both of us and though reluctant, Caelon tried his hardest to be the ideal husband to me, even if begrudgingly.

He cooks. He takes me places. He lavish me with clothes, feeds me with exquisite food. He helps me experience the best life here on earth and for that, I am thankful. I couldn’t ask for more when I know that this is more than he could possibly give.

I enjoyed our time in Japan, especially when he brought me to the factories of chocolates and trinkets that ladies liked. Caelon was a women pleaser and an eye candy. Everywhere he went, the women swarm at him and marvel at him while I am momentarily kicked on the side, watching my ‘husband’ as he ‘entertains’ his devoted fans.

Oh well.

Caelon lets me escape the first time we go to the market place. He allows me to get away from his crazy fans while he gets stuck there, feeding upon their fascination though recently, that is not the case. Caelon started to cling upon me and won’t let me brush with other guys nor interact or talk with them. He is avoiding his fans and have confined us in the cabin. He became overly possessive of me, and territorial. He wants me on his bed in every chance he gets and I am loving this side of him.

So much that I forgot about my mission and why I am here on earth.

“Caelon?” He frowns in his sleep, an eye blinking open as he regarded me with a sleepy gaze, “Caelon, can we go back to Paris this weekend? I really need to finish my mission.” He grunted, burying his face in the pillow as he turns away from me. I caressed his shoulders and put a pressure behind his back, making him hiss. Caelon pulls away from my touch and groans, “Alright, just don’t,” I smiled as he gritted his teeth and held out his hand, “Don’t do that again.”

“What do you mean?”

“That, ugh!” he pulls at his hair and sighs, “Stop tickling me.” I smiled. “I’m serious, Aila. I’ll get you back with this.” He muttered before standing up from the bed and leaving me in the room.

I stretched my arms and look at Caelon as he emerged out of the bathroom with a coat on. I frown, “Caelon, why are you dressed like that. It’s not—” The wind shifted and the room transitions to a large forest where water continuously pour down on us, “Raining.” I huffed. “ Okay, why did you take me here?”