2 : CUPID EXPLORATION

CHAPTER 2

AILA

Your father will be so proud of you,”

The echoing voice of my Aunt Monica and Uncle Demetrius roused me from where I was. I groaned at the pain upon my shoulders, imagining their worried faces. They were my acting parents and they cared for me like I was their own.

Yet here I am, alone on earth to accomplish a mission and look for my parents.

I shall not fail them.

I have sacrificed so much to repay their kindness upon caring for me in behalf of my father. I have a mission, and that is to give love and not receive it. I have  a purpose, and that is to find out what happened to my parents and if they are still alive. Uncle Demetrius told me so, that my human mother is here on earth, and I am hoping that my father is also alive and well. Even though I am not certain of what they look like and what their names are, I believe in fate.

 I held on the lamp post and tried to stand. The sight of my wing fluttering hopelessly made me sigh, the other one hanging upon my back like an over size  cape, limp and wet with pink liquid– Erosian blood. I look around to see the streets empty, the crowd gone because of the sudden rain.

To my great luck, the rain poured harder upon me, soaking me through.

I shake my head as a pair of bright blue eyes burned in my mind, the feeling of betrayal driving me angry.

How can a cupid be so rude? How can he just push me off the window as though I am a pesky bird? I am just trying to be friendly to him but he made me feel undesired.

Is he annoyed of the kiss?

It wasn’t my fault that we ended up kissing, twice! I never meant for it to happen. I am as surprised as he is so why is he acting like an hermit. Plus, he doesn’t need to make my situation worst by pushing me off the window - a nice cup of tea would’ve been great!

I glared at his window and shivered, pulling my wings closer, hoping to provide warmth to my drenched body. I thought rain is pretty sight here on earth like how they tell it in the books, but now I know that it isn’t.

That cupid, I will face him again and show him what I am worth!

I glared up at the window, cracking my knuckles and baring my teeth. “Just wait. I’ll get back at you and you will regret it!” I bit my lip annoyed as I remember his pretty face. So what if he resembles an ancientgod? For all I know he was a devil in disguise. He just wait. I will target all his victims and leave him with nothing. I am so irritated I could only think about beating him in every way possible.

I am about to make my way to the building when a woman clad in a peach colored dress caught my attention. She was pretty, her brown hair plaited into two halves, adjusting her glasses on top of her nose. She was seated in front of a cafe, sipping on a hot cocoa as she nibbled on a sugar coated bread. She wiped her tears while leaning back on her chair, trying to appear emotionless.  I focused on her mind and saw the reason why she was crying–Her memories flashing in my own head and there I  found the reason behind those tears: She was heartbroken because her fiancée had died.

Snatching an arrow from my quiver, I smiled as it buzzed underneath my fingers–the arrow knows it purpose and it is excited as I am. I quickly position it on my bow and let it fly across the glass wall of the cafe as though it was water, hitting the girl. She was stunned as she clutch her chest, standing up. Her eyes then landed on a tall man that resembles her fiancée. He is currently ordering a coffee, unaware of the woman as she stands and makes her way towards the man. He was about to pay for his coffee when she turned him around, holding unto his waist before she stood on her tiptoe, pressing a solemn kiss on his lips. His eyes widened for a moment as the girl deepen the kiss, the arrow blossomed and reach towards the guys chest, intertwining them.