18 : MEETING HER MOTHER

CHAPTER 18

CAELON

“You enter her number like this, and you will touch this green button and…you’re set.”

“And she will talk?” Emyr sighs and shake the phone, looking at Aila as though she wasn’t serious of what she said. “Well, yeah, only she picks it up though sometimes it will direct you to voicemail which quite sucks, so, you’ll have to wait for her to speak first.”

“Okay, I think I get it now,” I watched as Aila held out her hand to Emyr who reluctantly give back her phone. “I will try and give her a call right at this moment,” She muttered as she passes me by my desk and out to the patio she went. Emyr retreated up to his room to take a nap while I resumed my seat, watching Aila as she waited.

The strong wind made her fiery red hair fly around her face and she tucked them nervously. We were staying at Emyr’s abode, Kipawt Residence, which is located in an island, north of Wellington. It was overlooking the great cliff side, far from the curious humans from below. We have figured that this location is best, the safest place for both me and Aila since Hades have known about the flat at Paris. It would’ve been convenient to stay there for the night but I couldn’t risk us being found. I still don’t trust Hades’ motives.

He might be keeping something up in his sleeves.

Me and Aila have managed to keep our relationship to ourselves as to avoid Emyr’s suspicious gaze – though, I have a hunch that he already knows about it but chose not to say something with the fear that I will tease him about Rause. Aila usually chose to snuggle next to me at night whenever Emyr was asleep and I think, Emyr senses her every time she sneaks up the stairs.

I really love to have her by my side, collecting her in my arms and singing to her, whispering that she would not have to worry about me leaving her or Hades coming to take her because I am next to her. The past week has been a bundle of nerves and we hardly ever slept because the threat of Hades still hot on our trail provides constant vigilance in our part

“Caelon!” her urgent voice rose me up from my seat and I turned her carefully, checking her face and body before asking, “Why? What is it? What happened?”

Aila’s face softened as she tilted her head, “I’m fine. Sorry if I startled you because of my excitement. It’s just that, Emily – well, she and I talked about our day. I told her that it is as windy as the day before and she talks about her cat, which is ginger and very fat.”

She wraps her arms around my waist and pulled me towards the sofa, climbing up on my lap and snuggling on my neck as though she were a cat, “Emily seems to like talking to me though she has mentioned that her sister, Molly, will accompany her when she meets with us tomorrow for they are still worried about all of this being a prank.”