4: BANISHED TREAT

CHAPTER 4

AILA

“LET ME OUT! I didn’t do anything wrong.”

Are you sure about that?” the police man raised an eyebrow at me, “You have trespassed a private property young lady and you don’t even feel any kind of remorse upon committing such crime.”

“But he knows me, he definitely do. Don’t I have the right to enter his home with that reason? Caelon has trapped me into this mess to ruin me. He probably—” I stopped as I saw a tall man walking inside the prison cell with a hat upon his head and a black coat. His hair was blond, his eyes full of anger and sadness like Caelon. There is no emotion plastered on his face and he kind of reminds me of someone.

I sigh.

“She is to stay here for a day to reflect upon her wrong doings. She needs to know how she can be severely punished the next time she repeats this.” The man turns at me and I glared at him, “It is definitely clear that she is lying about knowing my master. She is no more than a stranger to me and him.”

“Indeed, Mr. Newman.” The police snarled at me before waving at the man, “Would you care for some tea and biscuits? I have sugar free cakes, too. We can discuss her punishment while having a small break.” The man nodded at the police and followed him in the room.

I looked at their departing forms and licked my lips. Sugar free cakes? Why would Gaeans make sugar free cakes? How will they be able to enjoy that?

“Let me out.” I groaned, hugging the bars of my cell, sliding down so I could lie upon the cold floor. The rustle of coats made me look up to see  Caelon peering down at me–my heart pause for a minute before it angrily pump faster, being chased away by those freezing blue eyes Caelon possessed.

“I guess, you are fascinated of my face again?”

I stared at him, confused on why he was here. He opens the door with ease and out the hall. He stopped before we reach the street, shaking his head as he said, “I can’t believe I am doing this.” He pulls away his hand, his lips turning to a pout.

"I need you to be my wife."

"What?" Did I just hear him say that he wants, no, needs me to be his wife?

My ears tingle of what he just said for it is as absurd as saying that the moon above is split. Caelon sighs, "You heard me, I need you to be my wife. You do not know anything in this earth, I can be of assistance to you. In return, you repay me by being by my side."

But there are a lot of women around
could pretend with him if he wants. Caelon is the most good looking man I have ever seen and there is no doubt that anyone could resist being next to him. So, why would he ask me, specifically?

Is it because we kissed? Did he fell in love with me because of that?

Surely, life on earth is as confusing as it sounds.

Caelon squinted his eyes at me as though he is trying to read my mind. I bit my lip. "I don't understand."

"I know that you are confused why I am asking you but I just find it convenient because you know that I am not human. Though, it is easier to be with any woman I select, it is different when I am with you. I don't have to hide my identity." His words hit me like bricks and I take a step back. Caelon pursed his lips, scratching the back of his neck. "But it is okay if you feel conflicted. I know it is sudden and you were surprised. Even hearing myself now makes me doubt that it will work."