𝐓𝐞𝐧

DON'T BE A SILENT READER :)

𝐑𝐚𝐢'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

I wake up to my annoying alarm clock. Learning to live without Harvey has taken a toll on me.

I get ready for the day and leave my apartment. I moved out of the dorm. I couldn't handle it. Everything especially my room reminded me of Harvey. The Harvey I am currently trying to forget.

I walks out of the apartment and see my driver waiting. I get into the car and I am handed a cup of coffee by my manager. Wait! Who?

I turn around to see Mr. Choi sitting beside me. He has on a fully black outfit and I can't help but stare at him.

"Why are you here so early?" I ask confused as he chuckles. "My schedule says work starts everyday by 6". He replies before looking back at his phone. He notices it's turned off and puts it on. The familiar lockscreen catches my attention. I'm sure I've seen that lady... his girlfriend before I just don't know where.

I move closer to take a better look when he turns. I panic moving back swiftly. "Is there anything wrong?" He asks as I shake my head. "Where are we going Ms. Shin?" The driver asks.

"Um my mom's-

"Pearl Yang's "Shin Supremacy" press conference". Blake tells the driver who nods his head.

I relax on my seat when Blake stretches over me getting my seatbelt and pushing it in making me sit straight.

I almost utter a word when my phone starts buzzing. I see a call from my best friend Yeji. I pick up the call and put it on speaker.

"THE FUCK IS GOING ON ARE YOU GETTING FUCKING MARR-

I cut the call quickly and give a small smile to the staff especially Blake who stares at me in confusion.

"Sorry, it's Yeji". I say and my driver and bodyguard roll their eyes. They know Yeji, they know her very well.

But one person has no idea who Yeji is. "Who's that?" A voice asks as I turn to Blake. "My 2nd- I mean my best friend". I reply and he nods before turning to face the window.

I call her again and turn off the speaker. She picks up the call. "What the actual fuck Yeji, what if I wasn't in a... secluded area?" I ask getting a laugh from Yeji.

"Okay okay I'll make sure not to scream ever again". She says sarcastically as I roll my eyes. "Okay so what did you want to say so badly?" I ask her.

"I heard you're getting married". She says and I almost drop the phone. "Wh-who said that?" I ask stuttering. "Is it true?" She asks. Her tone has totally changed.

"No, of course not where did you hear that?" She takes a deep breath before replying. "Someone I work with is writing an article on it". She replies. Oh right. Yeji is a news reporter. Just my luck befriending someone who basically makes a living by exposing people like me. Luckily Yeji has never agreed to expose me.

"I'm seriously not getting married". I reassure her as she takes another breath. "Are you on your way to the press conference?" I ask. "Of course, no reporter is allowed to skip this conference, I wonder what spontaneous act your mom is going to drop today".

I let out a deep sigh running my hand through my hair. Blake takes a look to see if I'm okay before turning back to his phone.

"Maybe she'll drop the bomb about her retiring". I say making Yeji laugh. "You wish". She replies making me chuckle. "Okay I have to go, see you at the press after party?" Yeji says and I nod even though she can't see me. "Of course, I never say no to alcohol".

 "Of course, I never say no to alcohol"

𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐤𝐞'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

We finally reach the conference venue. The skyscraper right in the middle of Seoul. Of course Ms. Yang would host it here.

After fighting hoards of paparrazzi Rai and I with her fellow bodyguards enter the venue. We are escorted to the main hall and are given seats.

The press conference starts in 2 hours and millions of people are already here waiting. A tall lady in all black walks into the hall with an aggravated look. She looks at Rai and walks towards her.

I stand up covering Rai. The lady pauses and starts laughing. "Are you her new manager?" She asks and I turn to Rai who stands up pushing me to her side. "This is my older sister, Raven Shin". Rai introduces the lady who waves.

I give a bow and she chuckles. "What you did there was cute, Rai you've got a good one". Raven says making me embarrassed.

"Raven it's weird seeing you here, you never come for mom's conferences". Rai says as I take my seat.

"That bullshitter is planning to ruin my life today, I'm here to oneup her". Raven says. Did she just call her mother a bullshitter?

Once she hears the door open, she covers her head with her jacket hoodie and puts on glasses. "Where's Yeji?" She asks Rai.

"At the back". Rai points to a girl with cat eyes and two toned hair in a pink sweater and white jeans. She has a camera around her neck, a laptop and a notebook.

"So that's Yeji". I mutter to myself. She looks just like a friend Rai would have. Raven quickly walks towards Yeji who notices her almost immediately and moves to give space for her.

Several people walk in during the limit of 2 hours and the fashionably late host walks into the room. She takes the stand and Rai gets noticeably anxious.

I pat her back and she turns to me. It's always nice to help someone. She passes a small smile before facing her mother again. The woman bows before talking into the mic.

"We meet again citizens of Korea, let's begin shall we?"