𝐒𝐢𝐱

DON'T BE A SILENT READER :)

𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I look at my father. He looks so miserable. I thought I could help him so I gave up my best friend's trust.

His condition is only getting worse, being 55 and having lung cancer isn't the happiest thing in the world.

Maybe that's why mom left. If I were her I would leave too. That's why I don't hate her for leaving. After all my hardwork and effort he's still here barely hanging onto life.

I work at a convenience store. It's not like business is booming but I rather stay discreet than out in the open especially if everyone knows what I did to Rai.

Maybe I could persuade her. Maybe I could get her trust back.

"H *coughs* heu ar vey!" My dad calls me. I rush towards him. "Yes dad?" I answer. He holds onto my shirt and slowly lets go. His eyes close.

"Dad!" I shout trying to wake him up. I check to see if he's breathing. He's still alive. "He's still alive!"

Tears falls out my eyes as I hug my father. He slowly opens his eyes. "W-wa water har...vey".

I rush to the fridge and get a bottle of water.

I open it and give it to my dad. As I look at his face I decide on it.

I have to get Rai- I mean my job back.

𝐒𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I finally get to the company. The place I arrived at with hopes and dreams has now became my special place of torment.

I had to get someone to look after my dad since I can't pay for him to stay in the hospital anymore.

I've been banned from this building so I had to make it look like I work here. I got a workers ID. I know it sounds weird but I have my ways.

I get into the company and into the elevator with no suspicions. I go to floor 10, the floor dedicated to Rai. As I step out of the elevator, I see an unfamiliar figure walking towards Rai's office.

Who is he?

I walk towards him and see Sarah beside him. Oh no! I'm in so much trouble.

"Who are you? You're not allowed to be here if you're not Rai's staff or a higher-up". Sarah informs me and I freeze. She reads my name tag.

"Park Hyunsoo? Security officer?" She reads my nametag. "You're not supposed to be here, please leave". She directs me to the elevator.

I can't leave now. I take off my mask and hat. "Sarah, it's me!" I tell her. She takes a few seconds to recognize me and when she does , she whispers something to the man beside her and pushes me to a corner.

"Mr. Dong what are you doing her?!" She whisper-shouts. "Please Sarah-

"Do not call me Sarah".

" *clears throat* please Mrs. Choi I need 5 minutes please just five minutes and you'll never see me again". I beg as she sighs.

"It's not my decision to make Mr. Dong, Ms. Shin specifically said she doesn't want to see your face ever again and I have to follow that order". Sarah explains. She wants to let me clear things up but she respects and loves Rai so much.

A few more seconds of me begging and she allows me to talk to Rai... for two minutes and I gladly accept the offer. "Blake, just wait a bit". I hear Sarah say to the guy I saw earlier as I knock on Rai's door.

"You can come in!" She says as I open the door. I really hope this isn't a mistake.