Selfish.

Christmas Eve came and Sun is spending it with the Deans in the evening. They'll drive in the morning to drop some gifts for the kids in the foundation. And the plan was on Christmas Day, they'll spend it with the Dylan's and Collins' and if they have time left, they'll swing by Liam's and Tyler's.

While Sun is painting with the little girls in the garden, Rad just finished playing soccer with the little boys. And while he's resting at one bench, he's just enjoying the view in front of her - Sun enjoying her time with the girls and some boys joining them, too. Her smile and her laugh is priceless when these kids are around her. What more when she has kids of her own.

Mary: (sits beside Rad)(60-year old woman) Isn't she the brightest? (looking at Sun)

Rad: (startled) Oh. Um, sorry Aunt Mary, I didn't know you're here. (smiles)

Mary: It's okay son. I know you're too busy watching the love of your life. (smiles)

Rad chuckles softly and blushes.

Mary: Why look at you blushing like a little boy seeing his crush. (chuckles)

Rad: (chuckles) Oh trust me Aunt M, I feel the same way everyday.

Mary's just looking at him, smiling.

Mary: I'm so happy that Sun finally found a man who'll make her feel not just special, but precious. I knew, from the first time I saw you, that you're gonna be a huge part of her life.

Rad smiles with Mary's words.

Mary: What seems to be bothering you behind that sweet smile, Rad?

Rad is just quiet. He's not the confiding type, but this time he feels the urge to let Mary know what he's going through. But even before he started to talk...

Mary: You already know.

Rad looks at her in surprise that she also knows.

Mary: Please don't take it the wrong way. I'll know because we're included in the donor system - I mean, some of these kids need a new heart, too.

Rad nods.

Mary: (holds his hand) Sun is strong, Rad. She's strong enough to wait for her new donor. I'm so sure of that. (smiles) And as some elder who has seen her grow up into a fine young woman, I want you to promise me that you'll take good care of her and her heart. Literally and figuratively speaking. (chuckles softly)

Rad: (smiles)(nods) Yes, aunt M. I promise.

Christmas came, and then their NYE party. They're holding it at Ally's cafe. They're closing and converting it into a bistro that night for their party. Everyone's wearing shades of black and gold, very much favors Rad and Chord. A few other friends of friends are joining so it's really a party. Around dinner time, Harmony, Ally, Liam's mom Irene and sister Yvonne were also present. They had a mini stage and Yvonne just finished a song which Rad gladly made a demo of and they asked her to perform it for the guests. She's blushing the whole time she was singing and Rad was like a manager/stage brother who's encouraging her to just go on.

Later that night when it's just the young ones with some other friends, booze were served and everybody's having a blast while waiting for the ball-drop. Everybody's enjoying the last minutes of that year left when something hit Sun. She was around the place, taking pictures of the crowd having a blast. And then she took photos of her friends, Rad included, who are playing Drunk Jenga and laughing crazy like kids. She puts down her camera to enjoy the view with her naked eye.

It's the first time she saw Rad being silly and goofy with the rest. Maybe because all of them are already drunk. And then there's Tyler who's so proud because he's leading the game. Liam who always resets the game because he's so damn clumsy. Tanner who always complains and accuses everyone of cheating. Kash won't stop laughing and drinking. Arden who's getting quieter by the minute - that's how alcohol affects him.

HEARTBEAT | MYGOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara