Rain: I.

Time skip to a week later at JTD. Tight shot of a folder thrown on the desk of the conference room. Zoom out to Rad sitting on a swivel chair.

Rad: (calm tone) Do I look like a joke to you?

Kash, who's sitting across Rad quietly sighs and closes his eyes, hoping everything doesn't get worse.

Mason: (stammers) No- um- (clears throat) it's nothing like that brother.

Rad: So what the hell is that? I spent sleepless nights finishing that and then you changed every word written in there? What? 'Coz Kai can't fucking spit bars right?

Mason: Well it's not just that. It's just...not his style.

Rad: (yells) Then why the hell did you ask me to waste my time on writing and producing that shit?!

Kash: Rad-

Rad: No, hang on. (stands) I gave him two other sets and he chose this one because it's "the best" according to him. And now, just because his fucking tongue can't spit bars, he wants every word and pace changed? Isn't this why we're doing a collab with Jaze for the rap part? Or did he also scrap that because he thinks he's better going off solo?

Mason sighs.

Mason: The uh...the collab will not push through.

Rad: (scoffs) Fuck. (chuckles) Okay, you know what Mase? Do whatever you want with the song, I am not charging so don't even think about fucking using my name on the credits. (points folder) THIS is NOT my song anymore. (stands) And I'm taking the track back. I'll give it to much more deserving artists in our team.

Mason: Rad, man, (stands) don't do this. We only have a couple of weeks left.

Rad: Do I look like I care? Kai should know how to fucking respect the producers and songwriters in this company if he wants to be respected as an artist. Right now, it's either my original composition or nothing. (walks out)

Mason: Rad. Rad come on!

Kash: Mase just (sighs)...just let him. I'll try to talk to him okay? But please do something about Kai. This is getting way out of hand.

Mason nods. Kash went straight to Rad's studio. He's sitting on the couch, drinking beer.

Kash: (exhales sharply) Okay, what's up? Tell me.

Rad: I don't have anything to say. I've said my piece earlier. You were there, right?

Kash: No I mean what's up with you? You think I didn't notice your attitude this past week? Bro, I know you too well.

Rad ignored him.

Kash: What happened that night?

Rad: (looks at him) What night?

Kash: The basketball-slash-movie night with Sun and Chord. You were acting weird after that night.

Still no response from Rad.

Kash: Totally not work-related bro - I hate to break it to you, but you like Sun. And I mean SO MUCH. I know you too well, Rad. Don't fucking deny it. I know when you're going through something.

Rad: I don't like her.

Kash: (scoffs) Can you not fucking mess with me right now? 'Coz I'm telling you, this is not funny and it's not-

Rad: (yells) I'm falling for her! Okay?! So much that it scares me!

Kash is beyond surprised. He's speechless.