Validity

I stopped walking and stared at him. I contemplated how to say it. I didn't want him to be upset with me, but what needs to be done, will be done.

I sighed, "Thank you for agreeing to see me. Thank you for spending time and being patient with me. I hope you enjoyed tonight as much as I did. I understand tonight may be the last time I see or spend time with you, so I wanted it to be memorable. Thank you for giving me that, Luke. I wanted to show you something. It's better to have you witness it rather than try to convince you of it. Come with me." I took his hand and lead the way.

The whole way there, Luke did not ask a single question. He obediently followed me to where ever I was taking him. We finally arrive behind a tall bush when I stopped walking. My heart was racing as I hear Corey and Anna talk. I turned around and look at Luke. He looked a bit confused but caught on quick with the voices ahead. I signaled him to be quiet and listen. We just stood there, listening.

"Anna, you need to stop. What you did was wrong. You used Luke to retaliate against me because I didn't want your sorry ass. When will you see that I want nothing to do with you and I'm disgusted with the person you are." Corey spat.

Anna laughed hysterically, "COREY! When will you see that if I can't have you, no one can?! Do you think what I did was wrong, using Luke to retaliate against you?! No! It's not wrong! I love you, Corey. I've always loved you but you were always disgusted with me. WHY?!"

"Because you're a whore, Anna. You slept with numerous men and trust me, I know the truth. You know better than anyone else why I'm disgusted with you." Corey replied.

"Fine! Yes! I did sleep with numerous men. I wanted to because I enjoy it! But I still want you. In the end, I can throw away everything and be with you, yet you won't accept me!" Anna yelled.

"Do you hear yourself? You're delusional. Why would I want something if it's already been purposely used and tainted? You wanted to sleep around. I was never interested in you. The fact that you did that just disgusts me. Whether or not you slept around, that has nothing to do with me. Don't drag me into your drama due to desperation. Why did you have to go that far and get Luke involved in your schemes? You really didn't think I'd know what you did?" Corey stated.

Anna laughed manically, "You're right. I just wanted you to be with me at all costs. That night, I tried to throw myself on you, but you kicked me out and left. You made a big mistake doing that. I saw the perfect opportunity to get you trapped in my claws. I saw Luke driving and I knew he'd come looking for me. So I stripped and threw everything in a ditch and played out my game. You should've seen Luke's face. He was so torn, just the way I needed him to be so he can take care of my business for me. I knew sooner or later, you'd come to me. Look here we are, just as I wanted. You'll never be able to escape, Corey. You're mine and I'll always have it my way. With Luke by my side, you'll never have a good life if you defy me. Accept me already, we can be very happy together forever."

Corey chuckled, "When will you stop being delusional Anna? You need to get checked in to a mental institute. I wonder how many other men got caught up in your schemes. I didn't come here to plead with you. I came to clear things up, not for you, but for the woman I love. If it wasn't for her, I'd never see you even if it cost me my life because one thing is for sure, I did nothing wrong."

I took Luke's hand and squeezed it tight before saying, "This is what I wanted to show you. The truth. I told you I'd find the truth. No more deception and lies, Luke. Let's clear things up now and put this past us. I don't want this to eat you up alive anymore. You did what family does and I'm forever thankful for your perseverance. Let's go."

Luke nodded and gave me a light smile in return.

Anna screamed in madness and before she can further showcase her rage, Luke and I stepped out from behind the bush.