Lies

I awkwardly nodded and slowly reached forward to shake his hand, "Oh.. well, nice to meet you, Alex. My name's Mia."

Alex let go of my hand and pointed in the direction I had just come from. "He's over there. Come on."

I followed him through the hallways, and into the gym. When we entered, there was no one there. He kept walking and stopped when he reached a door. He turned around and said, "He's in here boxing. This is the workout room we use during gym. Corey likes to come in sometimes to blow off some steams. Come on." He opened the door and walked in. I slowly walk to the door and listen closely to see if I can hear anything behind this door.

*Boom! Boom! Boom!*

"Hey man! How's it going? Someone wants to meet you. Her name's Mia. Ring any bell?"

"No," Corey flatly stated.

I stood there. Not sure how to react to what I just heard. Although I very much would like to just leave, I still have so many unanswered questions. I inhaled a big breath. Ok, let's go. I opened the door and slowly walked toward Corey. I know he's avoiding me.

"You finally came in Mia. Corey said he doesn't know you. I wonder why you wanted to see him so badly," Alex grinned.

Oh no, I knew this was going to happen, but I didn't prepare just yet! Think, think, think Mia!! "Oh, that's because I find him attractive, so I wanted to talk to him," I lied.

"Oh, really now? All the girls are obsessed with him as well. So what makes you different?" Alex slowly tapped the table.

"I want him to be my science fair partner. Stop asking questions so I can talk to him," I snapped.

Alex was about to say something, but Corey interrupted, "Alex, you can leave us. We'll catch up later."

Alex sighed and stood up, "Alright guys, I'm out. See you around Mia," he winked.

As soon as he left, I exhaled a breath I didn't even realize I was holding in. I stood there unmoving and counted to 10 in my head. That should be enough time for him to be far away from the door. I walked up to Corey, but before I could even ask anything, his hands flew up to cover my mouth. His movement was so fast that it caught me off guard. He slowly shook his head, moving his finger to his mouth showing me to be quiet. He slowly raised his voice, "Give me a good reason why I should be your science fair partner?" He slowly removed his hand from my mouth.

"Honestly, I don't want a partner for this project, but since we must have a partner, I choose you because I see you put little to no effort when it comes to school. That way, you won't be in my way," I confidently answered.

He didn't respond to me and just kept staring at me. He always does that. His staring problem is seriously getting out of control. I waved my hand in his face gauging his reaction.