Secrets

Corey's POV

I didn't want her to get involved, but she's already been targeted. I need to think of a way to explain this to get her to leave town. Just until I take care of business here. I hope she understands. The bell rang dismissing us, and I watched her opening her locker from afar. She was just about to close her locker when that idiot placed his hand on her shoulder, causing her to jolt backward. I can see him acting nervous, but she doesn't seem to notice. Her mind's too occupied. I'm sure it's because of what happened today. I observed her walking home slowly and decided to pull to the side in front of her. I watched her every move, from being hesitant to pretending this car doesn't exist. Just right as she walked past me, I rolled down my window,

"Get in," I demanded, stopping her from her tracks.

"For what exactly, Corey!? Can we talk now?" she sighed.

She's frustrated, I know. I need to talk to her in private. "Mm," was all I could say.

She looked around before entering my car. "Where are we going," she asked curiously.

"Not sure yet.." I whispered. Where could we talk freely? A secret place? We drove deep into the woods. I can see her curiosity being replaced with nervousness. "Don't worry, we're almost there," I reassured it.

She didn't answer, but I could see her fidgeting her fingers from the corner of my eyes. We finally arrived at the gated house. The gate opened as I pulled into the driveway, allowing us to circle around to park in the garage. I didn't want anyone to know I was here with Mia. I had to be discreet.

"Come. I have to show you something."

"Corey, what's going on? I need some explanation, preferably from the beginning. If you promise not to hurt me, I'll come with you," Mia whispered.

Does she really think I will to hurt her? Is she really scared of me? 

"I'd never hurt you, Mia. I just want to keep you safe from all of this. I didn't mean to get you caught up," I slowly turned towards her.

"Then tell me, Corey. Tell me everything, please. I don't think I can handle all these unanswered questions anymore. I need answers," Mia pleaded.

"I understand. I'll tell you everything, but do you trust me?" I asked. 

I want her to trust me, but I need to know if she is willing to. People often misjudge. Although I don't care about others, I care about her. I care what her reaction is. I'm just drawn to her like no other. I kept waiting for her to respond, but I heard nothing. What can I do to show her I would never hurt her?

Just when I was about to turn away, she sighed, "I want to.. so tell me the truth, Corey." 

I nodded. "Let's go. I have to show you something." I need to show her now before I lose her trust. I proceeded to exit the car.