How

"I'll tell you who it is," the man slowly utters. "You'll see him for yourself. You're in for a treat my darling!" The man laughed hysterically before exiting the room, leaving me in the darkness alone.

I had to find a way to escape. When the light came in, from what I remembered, this room was empty. I noticed a small window by the corner of this room. I slowly stabilized my feet, ignoring the eerie feeling in this room. I finally made it to the window. Moving the blinds to the side, I look carefully to see if I can gauge where I am. What I saw before me left me utterly confused and horrified.

Why am I here?! What's going on?! calm down Mia... take deep breaths. We will get to the bottom of this. I heard footsteps coming, so I quickly ran back to where I was and sat down, pretending I was still oblivious.

The door bursts open, "Come on! Time to go! Boss wants to see ya!" The man grabs my arm, yanking me up to follow him.

I observed my surrounding as he dragged me behind him. This place still looks the same, but how come I never realized there was this part of the building? Has it always been here? He finally stopped dragging me when we halted in a corridor. He cleared his throat before knocking, "Boss, she's here!"

The door slowly creaks open for us to enter. He drags me in, shoving me forward before slamming the door shut, leaving us alone. There was only silence between us until the chair slowly turned, facing me.

"Well well well... Look who we have here. Welcome, Mia."

I tried my best to appear calm, but deep down, I wanted to run. I'm afraid of him... Alex.

"You know Mia, I like you. You're sweet.. you're kind... you're.... hmm how should I say it? Ah, there's the word I'm looking for, perfect! The day I ran into you, I knew there was more to you than meets the eye."

He slowly got up from his chair and strode towards me, "Are you afraid Mia?" He lifts my chin to meet his gaze.

I couldn't understand why he was doing this. What does he want from me? How does he even know this place?

"Alex... who's behind this?" I whispered.

"Guess?" Alex smirks.

"Alex.."

He walks away, looking out the window. He chose not to answer my question. But in his eyes, I can see something there. He's not the mastermind. He can't be.

"No... I'm not afraid, Alex. Whatever you tell me, I'll listen." I slowly approached him. This was the only way to get him to talk. We need to have a mutual understanding.

He turns around with a gloomy look, "Mia, I love you."

I was utterly shocked. My eyes widen as I try to digest his words. "You love me? But.. we barely met Alex. How?"

"That's because you don't pay attention to your surroundings," he whispers.

I turned around, needing some space to think. Okay, this is taking a sharp left turn. I don't recall meeting Alex before running into him. This is not good if he likes me. I'm in more danger than I thought I was.