Desperate

Alex's POV Continue

The flashback left as quick as they came. She wants to know how? I never held it against her when she never noticed me, but I don't want to wait anymore. I want her, and I'm going to have her.

"It's a long story, Mia. Just know, I want you, and I will have you. You can forget Corey now," I firmly stated, causing her to turn and face me. Her facial expression was calm and collective. "Alex... could you please let me go home? I will forget this ever happened. I just want to leave. Please.."

Why does she keep insisting on leaving? I won't allow her to leave! I walked back to my chair and sat down, closing my eyes.

"Alex, this isn't right. You can't just kidnap me, force me to stay here with you and be okay with that. That's not how you should treat someone you love. I cannot love you."

I snapped when she said that. Why can't she love me?! I will make her!

"MIA! You don't have a choice! You will like me, even if it takes years! I'm the only one you can love and will have for the rest of your life!"

She slowly shook her head and walked towards me, "Alex, do you hear yourself? If you love me, then why would you hurt me like this? You know this isn't right. Please don't keep me here hostage. I don't feel welcome, and I don't feel safe with you like this. We should be able to communicate and talk as friends. I would never fall in love with you, and you'll only bring me pain by doing this. Instead of having me as a friend, you would rather lose me altogether?"

I could see the confusion in her eyes. Would I risk it all? Of course, I would! If I can't have her, then no one can!

"Mia, if I can't have you, no one can!"

"Alex! Can you hear yourself?! What is it that you even feel for me? Love? You said you feel love for me! But how is that even possible!? This is NOT love! Alex, just think for a second and tell me the truth. HOW do you love me when you're doing this to --"

"I JUST KNOW I LOVE YOU!!" I couldn't bear to listen to her anymore, so I shouted it out as loud as I could to make her stop talking.

The room was dead silent. The only sound heard was our heavy breathing and her sniffles.

"You don't love me, Alex." She started sobbing uncontrollably, "because I can't feel it. I want to understand the real reason, so whatever you feel, just know it's not love. And I cannot accept that of what you feel for me." She turned away, walking towards the window.

I stormed off, anger surging through me. I'm not willing to let it all go after coming this far. I want her. I will have her, no matter how long it takes to have her heart. I will make her fall in love with me.

"Sir, there's a vehicle approaching. It's him," my guard bowing down to me.

"This will be interesting. Let him through. We have some catching up to do." I walked into my office. The door slammed open, and I couldn't help but feel amused, "well, what do we have here? Welcome, my friend."