Dream

"No! Please!! Help me! Someone! Help!! Help me!!!" I ran and ran, but I couldn't outrun the person running after me. I ran to a dead end, and the blood from my face drained as I quickly turned around to face the perpetrator. I couldn't see their face... there was only the sound of footsteps in the darkness.

click.. click.. click... the sound of their footsteps became louder and louder. "I finally caught you, you sneaky girl.." the person chuckled.

"W..wh..what do you want? P..please... let me go..." I sobbed uncontrollably.

"I want you.. and now I got you. You'll never escape from me again, Mia," they laughed hysterically while running towards me.

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"MIA! WAKE UP!!"

I jolted, crying, and panting. It was just a dream!

"Shh... Hey, I'm right here. I got you," Corey rubbed my back while hugging me.

"Corey... I had a nightmare... Someone was chasing me!" I sobbed.

Corey slowly rubbed my back, "It was just a dream, Mia. I'm here. It's ok."

If I could only see Corey's face as he was saying those words to me. We both knew why I was having a nightmare. We'll have to face it sooner or later. My sobs gradually softened because I was getting tired again. I slowly fell back asleep. Before I completely let go, I whispered, "Please don't leave Corey.. stay here... for a little while longer." Before he had the chance to answer, my eyes closed shut.

A bright light pierces through my window, awakening me from my deep slumber. I groaned as the light's too bright, blinding me even as my eyes were still closed. As I turn the other way adjusting my position to stretch my legs, I notice something hard. I slowly open my eyes to see Corey facing me with his eyes closed, sleeping peacefully. My leg was over him, so that's what was hard. I stared at his beautiful sculpted face. This man is a real beauty, but I'm sure he knew that. I couldn't help but get lost in my thoughts until his eyes suddenly open, startling me. I quickly got up and cleared my throat.

"You fell asleep here, I see," I awkwardly said.

"You asked me to say a little while longer, so I couldn't refuse," Corey lazily said. 

Even his morning voice sounds sexy. Suddenly, I remembered my nightmare and asked Corey to stay a little longer. I noticed the window curtains weren't shut completely, which caused the bright light to shine through my window, waking me up. I slowly got up and made my way to my closet.

"It's the weekend, so do you have any plans?" Corey asked. 

My phone lit up with a text notification catching my attention. After opening up the message to read it, I sighed, "Uh... I guess not. My parents left town this morning for a quick business trip, so no more plans. But I'm going to hop in the shower and get cleaned up. I stood in the closet mentally deciding which quick and easy outfit I could throw on for my lazy day today when a whisper caught me off guard.