Here

I dialed my mom's phone first and she picks up instantly.

"Hi mom, it's Mia. Is dad with you?" I slowly asked.

"OH MY GOODNESS YES SWEETIE! HONEY!!!!! MIA'S ON THE PHONE!!" I hear shuffles and footsteps running towards mom.

"I'M HERE!!! MIA!" Dad yells breathlessly.

I couldn't help but chuckle, "Hi Dad. Hi Mom. I just woke up and Corey filled me in a bit. I'm sorry to have you both so worried and I'm sorry all this happened. I just want to let you know that I'm fine. When I get discharged, I'll come home then ok?"

Mom answered instantly, "Okay sweetie. Rest up well. I'm so glad to hear your voice again. Your dad and I were worried sick. Please be ok and when you get home, we can talk more than ok?" She started choking on her tears. I can hear the pain in her voice. I tried my hardest to not cry.

"Mia, when you come home, please have Corey bring you. We would like to speak with him as well, ok?" Dad slowly stated.

I knew dad always seldom show his feelings but right now, he's just as broken as mom. I didn't want them to worry, so I wiped my silent tears and tried my best to speak as causal as possible.

"Yes, mom and dad. I understand and I will do exactly what you both said. Please don't cry mom, I can't wait to see you. I miss and love you both. Please buy me a welcome home ice cream cake. I've been craving for one and I know this is the perfect time to ask for one." I giggled earning chuckles in return.

"Alright sweetheart, we will. Love you." mom calmly said.

We ended the call and I just sat there taking deep breaths to calm myself down because Corey said the doctor mentioned earlier for me to be cautious of my feelings. I need to be as calm as possible.

"Thank you again, Corey." I smiled.

I wanted to ask him about what happened after I covered Luke, and everything else, but I didn't know if this was the right time. When would be the right time? Just as I was lost in my thoughts, my stomach growled. My face burned red like a tomato of embarrassment.

Corey chuckled, "Alright, that's my cue to bring you some food. Wait here, I'll be back."

After I ate, I felt tired and dozed off to sleep. I dreamed about Luke. He seemed so distant. I saw him standing there, looking at me with those sad eyes. I wanted to hug him. I wanted to tell him it'll be ok. I missed him. I kept running after him, yelling for him to wait for me but he just turned around and ran away. I cried and screamed for him to stop but he just wouldn't.

 "Why Luke! Stop! Please! Wait for me!" I jolted from my sleep all sweaty, breathing heavily.

Where's Corey? I scanned my surroundings remembering that I'm still in the hospital when I notice a figure standing by the door.

"Who's there?" I shakily asked.

"It's me, Mia. I'm finally here. Your dream... are you ok?"

I gasped, "LUKE!?"