Confrontation

I managed to trick one of the guards into bringing me water just to smash his head with a bat I found next to the bookshelves. I quickly roamed around trying to find Luke. I need to talk to him. I know Corey can handle himself. I slowly approached a blue corridor as my heart beats faster by the second. I know he's in there. Blue was always his color. I don't believe Luke is capable of doing this. There must be a reason behind this, he's hiding something.

I slowly opened the door holding my breath. There he is, standing looking out the window. He seems so indifferent. I slowly approached him, hugging him from behind. The same way I did throughout our motorcycle rides. I leaned in and finally let out the breath I held in for what felt like an eternity.

"Luke... why?"

He inhaled a deep breath and placed his hands on top of mine.

"Because Mia, I wanted to."

"I know there must be a reason behind this. You wouldn't do this. What have you been hiding from me, Luke? We never hid anything from each other, so talk to me please..?" I croaked.

He yanks my hand off and distanced himself from me before shouting, "MIA! I just told you that I did this because I wanted to! I want him to suffer! I used you! You fell right into my trap along with him! Open your eyes and look! Look around you! This place, rings a bell doesn't it? It was OUR secret hideout. I arranged for you to be taken here because it was all my plan! This is who I really am! You know nothing about me!"

I couldn't hold back my tears. How could he just do this? This isn't him. He's pushing me away. I slowly walk towards him shaking my head, "Luke... this isn't you." I stroked his cheek and smiled lightly, "I trust you. You're a good man. I've never once doubted you and I will not walk away from you. Please don't push me away, Luke. I can't afford to lose you."

Something flashed in his eyes, longing, guilt, sadness? It went away as fast as it came. His face back to being expressionless. He pushed my hand away, shoving me to the side before walking towards the door.

"Believe what you want, Mia. Just know I'm not lying. I'm ruthless and I used you. No one's leaving the premises until he's dead along with you. He will watch you die a slow death, and that'll be an act of perfect revenge." He slowly turned around facing me, "Because he had no weakness before you, I'm going to take full advantage and destroy him, ensuring he never rises again." He smiled and walked out slamming the door behind leaving me to cry silently.

I refuse to believe Luke is heartless. I know the look that flashed in his eyes wasn't ruthless. I couldn't tell what it was exactly but it made me feel sad as if he's sad too. I must stay strong and find a way for Corey and me to escape this place.

I quietly observed this room while devising a plan to escape when I suddenly remembered Luke may have left something important in his desk drawers. I opened each one carefully but there was nothing. If this room really had nothing, then why was Luke in here? I racked my brains trying to understand this room, but nothing came of it. I'm running out of time. I swiftly exited the room to head back to Corey. We need an escape plan as soon as possible.