Reveal

Corey's POV

I knew the moment I came to this building, that it was over. Everything would come crumbling down but it must end now. There's no more time to waste. Mia is here and I need to make sure she's okay. Seeing Alex and listening to his explanation for his stupid actions only goes to show how dumb he really is. No wonder he's too useless to plan all of this out. Will he show or will he let Alex go down by himself? 

*knock knock knock* 

"Oh, our main guest is here, Corey. You must've thought it was you, but trust me, it isn't you. I have a big surprise for you. Come on in!" Alex stopped cackling.

"Hello everyone. It's finally time we catch up on our little game."

Ah, there he is, but I didn't bother turning around. I slowly strode over to the couch to sit down for our long overdue conversation.

"You finally show your face," I casually spoke.

"Of course, I had to make sure we could all meet. Unfortunately, it's not under the best circumstance," he chuckled.

"Why did you take Mia? She had nothing to do with this shit. She trusted you," I sneered.

"That's because she was the perfect bait to lure you here. I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed in her for falling for you, considering her good nature. I planned to keep her in the dark but she's too nosy for her own good. What can I say, I liked her."

"Well now you got me, let her go. She should leave before she finds out you were the reason she's in this shit in the first place. I may have shown her what she was getting into but you were the one who initiated it all. I wouldn't want her memories of you to be tainted by the betrayal you've brought upon her," I sighed. 

"Oh why the long face Corey? I couldn't care less if she finds out the truth because you're in my hands now. Killing you and disposing of her will bring me less trouble in the future. That girl you both saved in the gym completed her time with Ken and them. She's dead now, thrown off to the ocean like a piece of trash she is. I want you to pay for what you did. I told you I won't stop until I do so," he flatly stated. 

"The truth behind your facade is that you're just pathetic and jealous of me. Yes, you are burning with rage when I left your desperate slut cousin stranded. But, we both knew she was a slut. She's unworthy of anyone, you don't even care for her. You just wanted something to pin on me and find a way to kill me off because I choose not to participate in your nonsense. You didn't think I would see through your bullshit and the useless trap you set up for me all along, Luke?"

He gritted his teeth, "I'm going to kill you off and make Mia watch as the love of her life fights for life knowing this is the end for you both. This would be a good show to watch." He made a quick dial and spoke lightly, "It's almost over." Turning to Alex, "I'll leave this to you. Don't fuck up. It's been a ride, Corey. To think I can finally get rid of you once and for all. Enjoy your sparing moments." Alex sat there waiting for him to leave as he slowly pulled out a gun.