Close

Corey's POV Continue

A couple weeks passed, yet it felt like an eternity. The bell rang, dismissing us as I watched everyone scattered from this despicable place. On the outside, this place seems so well put together, but behind these walls, it's a hell hole you can't escape once you're sucked in.

*BOOM BOOM BOOM!*

As I try to finish my rounds in this room, I can't seem to get my mind off one thing, her. The last thing I need is a distraction. Boxing is the only thing that keeps me sane. It's the only thing I can do to turn my anger and hatred into strength, and with that, I will end them all.

*BOOM BOOM!*

It's getting late. I should head back. The cool breeze felt relaxing while I'm cruising my way home with the windows rolled down. I notice something unusual by the tree. It looks like someone's lying down, this late? I stopped to take a better look. It was her! I ran to check if she was okay, but she was not responding. I checked her pulse, and she was breathing. I quickly glanced the surrounding to understand what may have happened. She's lying next to a mud pile, so she must've slipped. I checked her head and didn't see any external wound. I'll take her in and have her checked up.

I carried her to my car, carefully placing her on the passenger side. As I put her seat belt on, I realized it's the first time we'd been this close. I shook the thoughts away in my head. What am I thinking?

We pull into my driveway, and the butler greets us, "Good evening young master. I see you have a guest. I'll have them prepare the appropriate necessity."

"No. she'll stay in my room. Bring a doctor up to check on her. I want to ensure she's okay and not a word to anyone, understood?"

"Yes, young master," the butler bowed.

I carried her to my room and laid her down on my bed. Taking a deep breath, I sat down, waiting for the doctor.

*Knock Knock Knock*

"Come in," I sighed.

"Good evening young master. I hear you summoned me. How can I be at your service?" the doctor bowed.

"She fell and hit her head. I want you to make sure she's okay."

"Understood."

After confirming her condition, he turns to face me, "Young master, she will be fine. The impact wasn't too severe internally, and her concussion will subside. She should get plenty of rest and restrict activities to allow the brain to recover."

I nodded, "You may leave."

"Have a good evening young master. I'll take my leave now," the doctor bowed once more and left.

I glanced at her sleeping peacefully. I wonder how she'll react to all of this once she awakens. I walk over to the window staring at the moon unwavering. Too many things are out of control, and I need to end them now before it becomes more burdensome. I don't want her to get dragged into this chaos. She's too innocent, too pure. I have to find a way to protect her. To do that, she must leave. . . at least until this is all over.