Ch. 99 - BROKEN GLASS

Sawyer's outfit:

▪︎ 🖤 🏳️‍🌈🕯▪︎

▪︎ 🖤 🏳️‍🌈🕯▪︎

Chapter Ninety-Nine⚔ Broken Glass ⚔

Chapter Ninety-Nine
Broken Glass

Sawyer quietly walked back and forth as she talked to someone on the phone, occasionally glancing over at Lydia who was asleep in Sawyer's bed next to Anakin. "Yeah... Scott's house." Sawyer said before all of the sudden the call hung up, making her furrow her brows and look down at her phone.

"What the hell?" She mumbled when she noticed that she didn't have any signal anymore. "Where's Jackson?" Sawyer heard Lydia's voice echo in a whisper, making her look over at Lydia, but when she did, she was no longer in her room and Lydia and Anakin were nowhere to be seen.

Now she stood outside the high school as she glanced around before noticing something. Sawyer furrowed her brows as she walked up to what seemed like a very detailed statue of Peter. She went to touch him but the scenery quickly changed to inside the locker room where a very detailed statue of Jackson and Ethan stood.

Everything changed again and now she stood in Coach's office in front of a statue of Malia. It changed again and now she stood in the hallway in front of a statue of Derek making her sigh sofy. Finally everything changed for the last time and this time she saw Scott, petrified into stone in the middle of the shipyard maze.

Sawyer stumbled back slightly at the same time as Lydia gasped awake, making Anakin jump up slightly. Sawyer glanced around to find herself back in her bedroom before looking over at Lydia. "Did you see it too?" Lydia asked and Sawyer took a deep breath and nodded, "Yeah... Although I don't know how I feel about my girlfriend saying her ex's name in her sleep..."

"Scott!" Lydia called out as her and Sawyer walked into Scott's house, "Hey, Scotty!" Sawyer yelled and the two waited for a moment, not hearing anything making Sawyer sigh softly and turn to Lydia. That's when she noticed someone standing behind Lydia making her furrow her brows.

"What are you doing here?" She asked making Lydia turn around to see Peter standing there. "Looking for Malia. What are you doing here?" Peter asked, "Looking for Scott. Obviously." Lydia said.

"Why?" Peter asked making Sawyer raise her eyebrows, "Why are you looking for Malia?" She asked and Peter took a deep breath before answering. "Parental concern." He said, making her cock an eyebrow, "Parental concern? You? Do you really expect me to believe that?" Sawyer asked, making him roll his eyes.

"Why didn't you just call Scott?" He asked and Lydia raised her eyebrows, "Why didn't you call Malia?" She asked, making him sigh. "This... we're not... this is... We're not getting very far with this conversation." Peter said, making Sawyer nod slightly while Lydia sighed. "We can't reach Scott." Lydia said and Sawyer nodded while Peter sighed, "Well, I can't reach Malia, or anyone- there's reports that several cell phone towers in the area are down." He said and Lydia nodded slightly.

"Okay. That's definitely cause for concern." Lydia said and Peter sighed, "It's more than that." He said and Sawyer sighed softly when she realized what he ment. "Monroe and Gerard." She said and he nodded, "They're cutting us off from the outside." He said.

"And from each other." Lydia said and Peter nodded, "Which likely means that they've already started amassing troops on their side." Peter said and Sawyer looked at Peter and Lydia with a smirk.

"Then we'd better find ours."

Sawyer, Lydia and Peter, still having no luck finding any of their friends and allies, gathered in the exam room of the animal clinic to regroup. Lydia anxiously paced around the room, while Peter and Sawyer watched her, "They haven't been here." Peter said.

"Maybe we should go to the school." Lydia said and Peter sighed sharply, "The two of you never said why you were waiting for Scott." Peter said and Lydia leaned against the table. "Are you sure you want to know?" Lydia asked and Peter raised his eyebrows, "Do I need to know?" He asked exasperatedly.

"Last night, I woke up saying two words... That may just be from a dream... or might be something else." Lydia said and Peter waited for a moment for Lydia to elaborate, and when she didn't, he scoffs impatiently. "What two words?" Peter asked while Sawyer sighed, "Where's Jackson?" She said and Lydia nodded while Peter seemed appalled by this revelation.

"That is disturbing on multiple levels. What else?" He asked and both girls hesitated, which only made Peter more impatient, "Girls! Don't hold back on me. I've never held back on either of you." He said, making them both roll their eyes.

"I saw you... turned to stone." Sawyer said and Peter looks horrified as Lydia continues. "I was in a storage container. It was steel. There was a blue wall...I saw everyone." Lydia said and Sawyer nodded and sighed, "Even Derek and Ethan. All of you turned to stone." Sawyer said and Peter looked at them incredulously.

"Do either of you ever see anything remotely optimistic?" He asked and Sawyer pursed her lips and shook her head, "No, not really." She said and Lydia sighed. "It's optimistic if you prevent it." She said and Sawyer and Peter sighed, knowing she has a good point, before stopping to think for a moment.

"Storage contain- Do you mean shipping container?" Peter asked and Sawyer furrowed her brows in thought before nodding, "Yeah. I was surrounded by them." She said and for the first time since they arrived at the clinic, Peter looks optimistic.

"I think I know where that is." Peter said and Lydia raised her eyebrows, "Then you know how to find Scott."

Deucalion and Scott, the latter of whom has his eyes shut, are facing off under the catwalk in the shipyard. Deucalion has the upper-hand and had gotten quite a few lashes in on Scott with his cane, causing Scott to groan in pain until he fell to the ground.

Malia, hating the sight of Scott being defeated by Deucalion, whispered to him under her breath, "Hit him!"

Scott's hands pressed against the concrete ground, feeling the vibrations he feels of Deucalion moving toward him. He managed to dodge the next cane strike, barely missing getting hit in the face with it. In one fluid motion, Scott reached out and grabbed the cane in his hands, using it to pull himself to his feet as well as pulling Deucalion to him so he could flip him onto his back on the ground.

Scott stood over Deucalion, who chuckled, clearly impressed by his student's quick work. "You might just survive this." He said. Scott opened his eyes and reached down to help Deucalion to his feet when suddenly, Sawyer, Lydia and Peter frantically ran towards them.

"Scott! Scott!" Lydia yelled, making the three turn to them. "None of us are going to survive this!" Sawyer said and Scott and Malia, both alarmed by the Clairvoyant's statement, look at each other with concern. "What? Why? What are you guys doing here?" Scott asked with wide eyes.

"They're coming! Monroe and more- and they have heavy firepower." Peter said no one in the group has time to process this news before a hail of gunfire is shot toward them.

At least a half dozen of them hit Deucalion in the chest and abdomen. His body falling face-first to the ground, as.the others look over to find a wall of Hunters in front of them, many of which move to reveal that Monroe is standing behind them.

The army opened fire yet again, led by Monroe, who held up a black handgun and aimed it at Scott.