Ch. 27 - FIREFLIES

Sawyer's outfit:

▪︎ 🖤 🏳️‍🌈🕯▪︎

▪︎ 🖤 🏳️‍🌈🕯▪︎

Chapter Twenty-Seven⊚ Fireflies ⊚

Fireflies

Sawyer got out of her car and went to go inside, but paused when she realized she wasn't at her house. She furrowed her brows as she glanced around to see she was in the parking lot of the public pool. That's when she saw Lydia standing a little ways away, staring at the pool. 

"Lydia?" Sawyer called out as she ran over to Lydia, gently grabbing her arm but Lydia didn't turn to her as she took a deep breath. "I woke up screaming like a lunatic and went to go to the store but somehow ended up here. And I think there's something floating in the pool..." Lydia said, making Sawyer glance over to see what looked like a body floating in the pool. 

"Okay, I'll go look." Sawyer said and started to walk towards the pool but Lydia grabbed her hand, making Sawyer stop and look at her. They stared at her for a moment before Sawyer nodded slightly, "It's fine." She said and started to walk away again, Lydia still holding onto her hand as she followed. 

"Oh, my God... Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead." Lydia muttered as Sawyer slowly crouched down at the edge of the pool. She reached out to the body, grabbing it's shoulder before turning it around and sighing. It's a CPS mannequin making Lydia sigh in relief and exasperation, "Oh, my God! Are you kidding me?" She muttered as Sawyer stood back up. 

All of a sudden, Sawyer's eyes clouded over as she saw flashes of a boy sitting on a lifeguard chair then a girl in the woods screaming as bugs crawled all around her. The moment the vision ended, Sawyer noticed a giant puddle of blood on the ground and her eyes slowly followed up to the lifeguard chair. "Don't look." Sawyer whispered, making Lydia follow her line of sight. 

Perched in the lifeguard chair is the body of an eighteen year-old boy, wet blood still flowing down his clothes from a horribly slashed throat. Lydia suddenly let out an ear piercing scream.