Ch. 98 - GENOTYPE

Sawyer's outfit:

▪︎ 🖤 🏳️‍🌈🕯▪︎

▪︎ 🖤 🏳️‍🌈🕯▪︎

Chapter Ninety-Eight⚔ Genotype ⚔

Genotype

Malia, Sawyer and Lydia walked into the hospital morgue and Sawyer instantly walked over and opened the cubby that contained Halwyn's body in a black body bag. She glanced at Malia and Lydia before unzipping the bag to reveal Halwyn's body.

"Well, it's still here. Still dead. What else were we supposed to do?" Malia asked and Lydia sighed, "Figure out how a Hellhound led us into the woods to find another faceless body while being technically dead." Lydia said and Malia raised her eyebrows.

"Technically?" She asked and Sawyer nodded, "I don't think we would have been led out there if he was fully dead. Well, maybe I would have since I can see ghosts but Lydia, no." Sawyer said and Malia made a face as she glanced down at the body. "I don't think we should be hanging out here waiting for him to spring back to life." She said.

"We don't have to wait if we can figure out how he was able to reach us." Lydia said and Malia raised an eyebrow, "How do we do that?" She asked and Sawyer looked down at him and shrugged slightly, "We're just going to have to ask him."

Lydia laid still on a steel autopsy table with her eyes closed and her hands folded over her abdomen. Her head is inches away from Halwyn's in his autopsy cubby while Sawyer sat on the ground next to Halwyn with her eyes closed.

After a moment, Malia, who was crouched down in front of Sawyer, peeked her head up near Lydia and Halwyn's heads. "Anything yet?" She asked, making Lydia's eyes open, she rolled her eyes irritably, "As opposed to when you asked three minutes ago? No." She said before groaning and standing to her feet.

"Ugh. It's not working." Lydia said, "This kind of thing takes time." Sawyer said, finally opening her eyes but not getting up. "Maybe you should touch him?" Malia suggested and Lydia scoffed and rolled her eyes again, "That's ridiculous. There's no way-" She started to say but Malia grabbed her hand and planted it on Halwyn's arm making Sawyer cringe slightly before standing up.