Chapter 25

Chapter 25

I'm already tired of being weak. Now that I read my brother's letter, I become more motivated to find out the truth. Kung ano mang mga sikreto ang tinatago pa nila, agad ko iyong aalamin.

I will find justice for Kuya's death, no matter what happens.

I tried looking more in my brother's room, trying to figure out if there was another letter or diary but I found nothing. I guess this is his last letter before he died. And his handwriting in this letter is kinda messy— the reason why I'm thinking that he wrote this letter as soon as he did it.

"Ano pang ginagawa mo rito?"

Nagulat ako nang makarinig ako ng boses sa likod. It was my mother. She was standing there, as if she was watching me for so long. Tumayo ako nang maayos at matapang siyang hinarap.

I showed them a lot of papers from Kuya Dylan.

"Sabi ng mga maids, nagtalo kayo ni Kuya Dylan bago siya mamatay. Now, I'm doubting if you are the reason to my Kuya's death." walang pag-aalinlangan kong sabi sa kanya.

She just tilted her head. "And? Is there something connected to it? He died because he did it. He was the one who caused his death. That's why you shouldn't blame others!" 

"I shouldn't blame others? Then why the hell are you blaming me for killing my own brother?" 

"It's because you're the one who made him do that. If only you didn't leave this house, Dylan would probably be alive right now." she said.

Mahina akong tumawa. "If only I didn't leave? Whether I leave or not, you will keep hurting him, and every painful word you are saying towards him, and every pain you are causing to him… that… that leads him into doing it to himself."

She just stared at me without reaction.

"As much as I don't want to blame others… but I just can't stop myself from blaming our so-called parents who don't treat us right. If you can't treat us as your children, then can't you at least treat us as a human? But then, Kuya is now gone. Wala na kayong sasaktan. Wala na kayong pagbubuntungan ng galit n'yo. Are you happy now?"

My mother came in front of me and within a second, she immediately slapped me really hard. I tilted my head and blew the excess hair on my face.

"You don't have manners! You are already a rising star. And once they find out how kind of a daughter you are, I don't think they will keep supporting you." My mother smirked at me but I didn't get scared at all.

"My personal life and career life are different," I whispered. "Don't you dare threaten me,"

Muli kong pinakita sa kanya ang mga sulat na galing sa kapatid ko. She was about to get it but I immediately took it away from her.

"This letter just show an evidence of how cruel you are to us,"

Pagod na pagod ako nang makauwi sa condo. Hawak hawak ko pa rin sa kamay ko ang mga sulat ni Kuya. I just put it back in the treasure box. 

Kating kati na akong alamin ang katotohanan. Pero one thing for sure is… Grandma knows all of the hidden secrets. She already once told me about it, but she just won't tell me. And I really don't know why.

Bumangon ako sa kama nang marinig ang doorbell. Nang buksan iyon, tumambad sa akin si Silas na may dala dalang bouquet ng bulaklak at may love letter pa sa loob no'n.

Agad akong napangiti at pinapasok agad siya sa loob. I put the bouquet on a vase as I read the love letter on it. It was hand-written and I really find this sweet.