Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I gripped my fist as I looked at Tiana who kneeled in front of me. Until now, she was still begging for me to accept their offer.

I kinda felt pressured, pero buo na talaga ang desisyon ko. I would never agree to their offer, kahit pa na ilang tao ang pumilit sa aking pumayag sa kasunduang ito.

"Please, Ocean. I'm begging you… say yes to this offer. Payag naman ako, e. And it was only temporary. Wala namang mawawala kung papayag ka." Tiana begged.

Walang mawawala? I doubt that. Baka imbes na may mawala, may bumalik.

"Unless you haven't totally moved on from him," nagbago ang ekspresyon niya.

Namilog ang mga mata ko at agad siyang tinaasan ng isang kilay.

"That's why I would never accept this offer because I don't want to get into his life again. Why don't you all just tell Silas the truth? Whether he got triggered or not, he deserves to know the truth."

"But the doctor already told us many times, Ocean. So, please!" Tiana said.

Humawak ako sa sentido ko. I was just chilling at the gym when Tiana suddenly interrupted me. This day was supposed to be my calm and chill day not until she begged me.

"Balewala na lang ba sa'yo ang lahat? Ang lahat ng mga ginawa sa'yong kabutihan ni Silas?" she suddenly said that.

I bit my lower lip with so much anger. She doesn't know anything. She has no right to conclude or to say those words.

She doesn't even know that Silas cheated on me with her.

Weeks have passed since I decided to visit Silas in his room. He remained in the hospital while the doctor was still keeping an eye on him. Saktong walang ibang bisita maliban sa'kin kaya pumasok na agad ako.

Humalukipkip ako sa harapan niya. Saktong kagigising niya lang. Bumangon naman agad siya nang makita ako. He was about to hold my hand when I took it away from him.

"Ocean, what's really happening?" he asked, confused.

I don't want to see him being confused and acting so innocent after all that he did to me, but I understand his situation right now.

"Silas, you deserved to know the truth. You got into an accident and you had an amnesia where you only remember what happened in the past 5 years. In conclusion, you don't remember your present anymore. And I'm not in your present anymore." I tell him the truth.

Nakita kong kumunot ang noo niya pero nagpatuloy pa rin ako.

"We broke up 5 years ago, Silas. I am not your lover anymore. Tiana, the woman in this room last week, she's… she's your girlfriend. And we're not together anymore." I continued.

"Hindi ko alam kung anong sinasabi mo," he confusedly said.

I sighed. "Because you have amnesia. Then your brother asked me for a stupid favor but I will never do it because I don't want to be involve in your life anymore." 

"Ocean, ano bang sinasabi mo?" nakita kong napahawak na siya sa sentido niya.

"You deserve to know the truth, Silas. Everything." 

Umiling siya at napahawak sa sentido niya. Narinig ko ang mahina niyang singhal na parang kinakapos na sa paghinga.

"You need to accept that I'm no longer part of your life," I whispered to him as he continued shouting in pain.

While sitting on the rooftop— my new found peace, I then heard footsteps and it turns out that Silas followed me from here.

I just wanted to be alone. Why would he bother to follow me here?