Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Pinanood ko siya habang nagdadabog sa harapan ko. Tinatapon niya ang lahat ng mga bagay na nakikita niya. Humalukipkip lang ako habang pinapanood siya. He was still screaming in pain while holding his head.

Until the doctor came and they calm Silas until he fell to sleep. Nasa labas ako ng room niya nang biglang tumakbo palapit sa'kin si kuya Alas, he seems like he's fumming from anger.

"I heard what happened! What did you do, huh? Why did you do it!? Why did you trigger Silas!?" galit na galit na ang boses niya.

I looked at him blankly. I didn't even get scared at all. I even smirked at him, the reason why he got more mad at me.

"I only did what I think was best," I said with a smirk.

"You don't have pity at all! You only did what you think was best? That's stupid and bullshit!" he shouted.

I remained looking at him. While he was still shouting at my face, I remained standing in front of him. I didn't mind him, raising his voice on me.

"If you can't accept my offer… Please, at least don't trigger him… that's my only favor to you." he almost whispered, still pleading.

When I reached my condo, I just stared at my ceiling. Parang bigla akong nagising sa wisyo ko. Why did I… do that to him? Why did I let my anger boil inside me to the point that even when the doctor told me not to trigger him, I still did it.

But… it's for the best, right?

Napailing ako at napabagsak ang higa sa kama. Hindi ko na alam kung anong gagawin ko. I'm so damn confused. Napasabunot na lang ako sa buhok ko sa tuwing naalala ko ang ginawa ko kanina hanggang sa natagpuan ko ang sarili kong nagpapagulong sa kama.

Then I suddenly received an email from Kuya Alas.

'As you opened this email, please kindly read it until the end…

I know that I am so desperate just for you to accept my offer, that's why I came up with the idea of preparing a contract for you to sign.

I know that what last happened to the both of you was not really good. Whatever it is, I'm disappointed in my brother too. But as things happened, the time came that I needed your help. Silas was really suffering like hell, and I know you suffered harder before. But it's really only you that could help my brother, Silas. I am begging you… to agree to my offer. I am willing to do anything for you to accept it.

After reading his email, I felt pity on him. I know that he was really doing this because of his brother and I understand him for that.

Kuya Alas has been a good brother to me, even if we're not related in blood. He treats me like his own sister too. That's why reading this email from him makes me sad.

As if on cue, I just received a doorbell that's why I immediately stood up to open the door.

Isang maliit na envelope ang bumungad sa'kin galing sa isang delivery man. Matapos kong magpasalamat sa kanya, agad kong binuksan ang envelope at binasa ang nakasulat doon.

'From Alas…'

I sighed heavily. It was a paper— no, it was just not a simple paper. It's an agreement… a contract for me to sign it.

I held my pen in my hands. Am I going to sign it?

"Ocean!"

Agad akong umiba ng direksyon sa paglalakad nang makita si Silas na naglalakad palapit sa akin at tinatawag ang pangalan ko. Nagmamadali akong pumasok sa hallway pero agad niyang nahuli ang mga kamay ko.