Feelings

Luna was home. Her mom wasn't home with her; It was good that she wasn't. It's the last day of school; summer break is here. No more bullies, no more hard problems, not anymore.

Luna's thoughts: "That day at the theater, it was weird. Why am I going to like them? No! Why do I feel like this now whenever I'm around them? I guess I know what Charlotte means now." she said.

Luna got her things for school. She still had thoughts about dating Charlotte. It would just be crossing her mind.

Luna's thoughts: "why am I even thinking about dating them? I mean, I know I like them back. The idea of having to ask them is going to be weird. I would want to ask them out, but I have no idea how to put it in words without trying to sound weird or just saying it simply. since I have no experience. I'm even visualizing it, and it's weird, but I like it." she said.

Luna finally got done getting ready for school. She went downstairs and out of her house to go to Charlotte's place and knocked on the door. It took Charlotte a while to answer.

Charlotte: "Oh, hey Luna!" they said. Luna: "hey, so you ready?" she asked. Charlotte: "Yep!"

Charlotte got out of their house, closed the door, and locked it. Luna and Charlotte started walking on the sidewalk as they usually do.

Charlotte: "Can't you believe it! It's been ten months! It's the last day!" they said happily. Luna: "Yeah, just the last day." she said.

Charlotte's thoughts: "I won't be staying here for too long; I have to go to my dad's on the summer break. How should I tell her? The thing is, I don't know how she will be when I'm gone. I might have to tell her about the month, and the day I leave. Maybe that day would be better." they said to themselves.

They both got to the school, and nothing terrible happened, luckily.

It was now after school.

Luna waited for Charlotte. She waited for them to come out of the school and then saw them.

Luna: "hey! Charlotte!" she yelled. Charlotte: "Hey! So did you want to go to the carnival with me since none of my friends wanted to go with me since they're so busy, and you're not busy. Right?" they asked. Luna: "sure, I'm not busy! I can go with you." she said. Charlotte: "great! I can ask my mum to buy them for us." they said. Charlotte: "if you don't mind if I call her, right?" They asked. Luna: "No, I don't mind!" she said.

Charlotte went somewhere private to call their mom. Charlotte's mom answered.

Melissa: "What is it, Charlotte?" she asked. Charlotte: "Hey mum! Can you buy Luna and me tickets for the Carnival?" they asked. Melissa: "Since suddenly you started hanging out with Luna a lot? Why is that?" She asked. Charlotte: "I just like hanging out with her mum." they said. Melissa: "you sure it isn't a crush?" she asked. Charlotte: "What! No! It isn't!" they said, lying. Melissa: "Alright, I'll stop teasing you. I already bought the tickets so you and Luna can go to the Carnival." she said. Charlotte: "mum, what if I do like her?" They said. Melissa: "well, do you?" She asked. Charlotte: "yeah, I do." They said. Melissa: "I'm guessing you told her, haven't you?" she asked. Charlotte: "yeah, I did." they said. Melissa: "Did she reject you? Or is she thinking about it?" she asked. Charlotte: "she's been thinking about it. Well, anyway, call me when you get here," they said. Melissa: "Okay then!" She said. They both hung up.

Charlotte went back to where Luna was. She was standing awkwardly.

Charlotte: "hey! I'm back!" they yelled. Luna: "oh hey!" she yelled back. Charlotte: "I asked her, and she said yes!" they said. Luna: "Yay! I can't wait to go!" she said.

Melissa came to the school already and picked them up. While driving the drive, Charlotte saw Luna's hand. They wanted to hold it. Charlotte eventually did, and Luna noticed.

Luna: "you're holding my hand?" she whispered. Charlotte: "yeah, I just had the urge too." they said. Charlotte looked at Luna's face, and it was flustered.

Charlotte's thoughts: "I guess physical touch is her love language, just some of it. It sucks because I wouldn't see it anymore." they said.

Melissa: "we're here!" she said. Luna and Charlotte stopped holding hands quickly.

They got out of the car, and Melissa gave them their tickets.

Melissa: "Like again, here you both go! I'll be with you and at the nearby store, okay?" she said. Charlotte: "Okay, mum." they said. Melissa: "Remember to call me sweetie!" she said, patting Charlotte's head. Charlotte: "Mum! Stop it!" they said, annoyed. Melissa: "well, anyway, I will leave you two love birds be." she said.

Charlotte's thoughts: "I shouldn't have told her that. I knew she was going to be like this." they said.

Luna: "we should get going, right?" she said, unsure. Charlotte: "Yes! we should be going. Yep, let's go," they said. Luna chuckled. Luna: "It's new to see you like this." she said. Charlotte: "What do you mean by that?" they asked. Luna: "It's like you are yourself. Different because I wouldn't be able to tell unless we were close." she said.

Charlotte's thoughts: "It seems like she noticed it." they said.

Charlotte: "Let's just go." they said.

Charlotte grabbed Luna's hand and took Luna to give the people the tickets they got so they could go on rides.

Luna: "Let's go on that one!" she said. Luna pointed at a Ferris wheel. Charlotte: "you sure?" they asked. Luna: "Yes! I've always wanted to go on that one!" she said happily. Charlotte: "Okay then," they said while smiling.

They got on the Ferris wheel, and Luna looked around.

Charlotte's thought's: "At least I still got to see another special day. At least for me." they said.

Luna: "This is so cool!" she said excitedly. Charlotte smiled at her.

They went on a bunch of other rides. They both had fun with each other. Luna and Charlotte were getting out of the carnival.

Luna: "That was so much fun! Thank you so much for bringing me again." she said. Luna hugged Charlotte. Charlotte: "Yeah, it was no problem." they said. Luna stopped hugging Charlotte.

Melissa came there to pick them up. She dropped off Luna.

Melissa: "remember, if you are ever having trouble at home, you can always come to my house and talk it over, sweetie." she said. Luna: "I sure will; also, thanks, Melissa." she said. Melissa: "anytime, dear!" she said.

Luna walked off. She went to her door and unlocked it. She went inside, went upstairs, and placed her head on her bed.

Luna's thoughts: "I could've asked them out when we were at the Ferris wheel! I lost my chance! I can't believe I forgot! I'll maybe ask them out next month." she said.