Change

It was finally next month. Today was a Friday. Luna cut her hair because it was getting too long and decided she needed a change for once. Today was when her therapist would come by and talk to her. She heard a knock at her door. It was her therapist.

Therapist: "hey there, Luna!" they said. Luna: "hey!" she said. Therapist: "so, how are you feeling?" they asked. Luna: "I've been doing great! No lying, seriously! This whole month and last month have been going great!" she said happily.

Therapist: "is there a reason for that?" They asked. Luna: "yeah! So last month, I wondered if Charlotte still liked me, and they did! I'm still glad that they do, you know. Charlotte just said they would wait for me to get better!" She said.

Therapist: "do you feel like you're getting better?" they asked. Luna: "yeah! I do!" she said. Therapist: "that's great!" they said.

Therapist: "Did anything else happen last month?" They asked. Luna: "oh, right! So at the restaurant, Melissa told me they got to change my school's mind about the bullying there! I won't have to get bullied again! I'm thankful for that." she said. Therapist: "wow! That's amazing!" they said. Luna: "yeah, it is! Last year, I got bullied a lot, especially by Dakota and my old childhood best friend, Michael. It wasn't easy, but Charlotte was there, so I was happy, and they were too." she said.

Therapist: "how did school feel for you last year?" They asked. Luna: "if I'm sincere, I just felt like an outcast. I felt different than others because I had different liking than people. They didn't like that about me, so I got bullied. I wouldn't say I liked feeling that way. Until Charlotte and I became friends, they would defend me from my bullies even though my bullies wouldn't stop, even if Charlotte told them to. I'm glad I don't have to feel that way anymore at school!" She said.

Therapist: "do you ever plan on asking Charlotte out?" they asked. Luna's face became flustered. Luna: "I wouldn't say I planned; I just figured it out. It's about time since I asked them. They have been waiting a year and four months. That's just because I didn't have feelings for them before! I somehow developed feelings for them on the day when Charlotte and I went to the movies. I somehow got feelings for them. It's strange because I don't usually like someone. The day I want to ask them out is next month. I don't want to make them wait anymore." she said. Therapist: "well, you should ask if they're free next month. You know, since they could be busy." they said. Luna: "yeah, you're right." she said.

Therapist: "were you going to do anything else today?" they asked. Luna: "oh yeah! Right! Today I'm going to get my hair cut!" she said. Therapist: "Woah! That's great. I'm happy for you!" they said. Luna: "thank you!"

Therapist: "I think you're getting better, Luna! If you believe that you are, we can end our session, and you won't have to be meeting with me." they said. Luna: "really! I believe that I'm doing better too!" she said. Therapist: "great! We'll be having our last session next month! Okay?" Luna: "correct! Thank you for being here!" therapist: "yeah! Also, Luna, I would love to see what your hair looks like next month!" they said happily. Luna: "thank you! I'll see you next month! Bye!" therapist: "Bye!"

Luna closed the door. Tears of joy came out.

Luna's thoughts: "I'm so glad I'm getting better! I can finally change! Not just for me but for others who care about me."

Luna stopped and went upstairs to get her shoes on. She went out of the house and knocked on Melissa's house. Melissa had opened the door.

Melissa: "hey, Luna! Need anything?" she asked. Luna: "I was wondering if you could take me for a haircut. Since my hair is getting longer." Melissa: "yeah, I could take you!" she said. Luna: "Thanks, Melissa!"

Charlotte overheard their discussion.

Charlotte: "you're getting a haircut?" they asked. Luna: "yeah! I could change my look." she said.

Charlotte's thoughts: "she looks happier."

Charlotte: "mum! Can I go with you?" they yelled. Melissa: "sure!" she yelled back.

Charlotte: "yes! Let's go, Luna!" they said.

Charlotte grabbed Luna's hand and dragged Luna into the car.

It was like a repeat of last year but different.

They started driving to the haircut salon.

Melissa: "so Luna, I heard you're having your last day with your therapist!" Luna: "yeah! I guess I am changing." she said, smiling.

Charlotte's thoughts: "I'm glad she is changing the weather for me or someone else. I'm so happy that she is, especially after our incident. I want to forget the incident and move on, especially for her."

Melissa: "oh, right! I almost forgot to tell you, Charlotte. Did you know that Luna won a band competition?" she asked. Charlotte: "she did?" they asked. Melissa: "yeah! I even have it on video! I can connect it to the speaker and let it play!" She said.

Melissa started to play the video of Luna singing and her group playing.

Charlotte: "you can play the bass?" they asked. Luna: "yeah, but not as much as I used to." she said. Charlotte: "you're a great singer!" Luna: "thanks!"

They all finally got to the haircut salon. They went inside. Luna went up to one of the workers and asked for the haircut she wanted. They started to cut Luna's hair.

Charlotte's thoughts: "I can't wait for how the haircut would look like on her. She would look so beautiful! She always is. Even after the incident happened, I believe that she wouldn't do it again. I trust her."

They finished cutting her hair and went to get the red streaks. They eventually got finished with the red dye.

Charlotte: "you look pretty." They said. Luna: "thank you."

Melissa's thoughts: "young teenage romance." she rolled her eyes.

Melissa: "so you ready to go?" she asked. Luna: "yeah!" Melissa: "okay, let's go."

Melissa went to tip the worker and finally went out of the haircut salon. They all went inside, back to the car, and started to drive to Luna's house. They were now in front of it.

Melissa: "well, here you go, dear! Be careful, okay?" Luna: "I will! But Melissa!" she said, waving goodbye. Melissa: "bye!"

Luna opened the door to her house and went inside. She went upstairs to her bed and lay down.

Luna's thoughts: "next month is when I ask them."