Forgiveness

Part 3 of Denial and Realization

When you got to Rousseau's you did what everyone does at a bar. You drink. Like a lot.

"I just don't understand how he could do that to me."

You slurred, instantly having another shot while you waited for Cami's response.

"I think he wanted to make it look real you know? If too many people knew then it wouldn't be convincing."

"Don't tell me your taking his side."

Cami turns to look at you, simultaneously putting down the glass she was drying.

"I'm not taking his side. I'm just playing devil's advocate."

"Which is basically taking his side."

Cami sighed, throwing the rag over her shoulder and locking eyes with you.

"Y/N I am on your side. I have always been on your side. All I'm saying is, yes he screwed up and you should've been one of the only people to know, but I think you can work through it."

"How am I supposed to go back to man that faked his death and didn't even think to tell me? I was heartbroken. I couldn't even admit to myself or anybody else that he was gone. I walked around as if nothing happened for a week. That's how much pain I was in. How do I go back to him? I feel as though even if my mind knows he's still here, my body is still grieving him."

"So tell him that. I'm not saying that everything has to be perfect when you see him. I'm not saying that you have to be completely over it when you go back home. I just think that the love that you two have is worth more."

"I don't know what to do. My mind is so mad at him that I don't even want to be in the same city as him."

"But?"

"But my heart aches for him. To be in his arms, to touch him again, to see his eyes. My mind and my heart are on two opposite pages and I don't know which one to follow."

"I'm not gonna tell you what to do but sometimes your mind blocks what you really want. And other times its just protecting your heart."

"Wow, thanks for the help."

You smile cheekily at the blonde who is looking at you with no emotion.

"I think the free night of drinks was enough."

You scoff, looking at her while you down the rest of your drink.

"Yeah, I guess that helped. Are you done for the night?"

"Yup, let me just grab my stuff and I'll drive you home."

****

When you walked into the compound you weren't expecting every single Mikaelson to be there. Cami left when you assured her you could make it to your room by yourself and now you were wishing you let her help you. You walked past them, hoping none of the would try and speak to you. But your hope was misplaced.

"Hope wanted you to tuck her in tonight. It took her an hour to fall asleep because she wanted to wait and apologize to you for lying. She only fell asleep when I let her sleep in our bed."

You scoffed, turning around to face the siblings.

"It'll be mine and Hope's for awhile."