You Broke Me- part 2

"Y/N?"

You closed your eyes, taking a deep breath, hearing a voice you never thought you would hear again.

"What are you doing here Klaus?"

You turned around, facing him, noticing the tiny differences in his appearance since you last saw him.

"I'm here to win you back."

"Not happening."

"I made a mistake, yes. But you should at least give me another chance."

You scoffed, running your tongue over the inside of your cheek.

"Why would I do that?"

"Because I love you! And somewhere, even if it's deep down inside, I know you still love me."

"You don't love me. You love the old me, the me from a year ago. The me that went back to Mystic Falls with an underlying hope that you would be there."

"The old you is still in there somewhere. You've just grown."

"You don't know me anymore! You wanna know about the old me? The old me was cheated on, the old me lost her support system, the old me had her heart ripped to shreds."

You voice starts to give out, so you clear your throat in order to try and stop it.

"And you know what, the old me moved to a new city and found a new support system. And then she became the new me. I had to fight months of self consciousness, but I did it. By myself."

"I am sorry for that. From the bottom of my heart, I'm sorry. I hate myself for what I did to you."

"You should be."

"You're right. Yes, I should be feeling what I am. And I deserve to hate myself. But I can recognize that all I want is you. And I know it seems messed up, that it took losing you to realize it. But I want you."

He annunciated every word separately at the end, emphasizing his point.

"I wish you wanted me when I needed you. But maybe you were right when you said I've grown. I learned what I deserve in a relationship and I just don't think you can offer that to me."

"What do I have to get you to give me another chance?"

You heard the desperation in his voice, and you hated it.

"I don't think that's an option for me. I know this hurts you, I know you feel abandoned, but my heart can't be yours. My heart hasn't been yours for a long time now." 

"So thats it? You're just ending this?"

"You ended it 2 years ago when you slept with my best friend. After that, us could never happen again."

"It was 2 years ago!"

"The passing of time doesn't mean that your actions are justified. It doesn't mean that you deserve whatever the hell you want! I forgive you because in the end I am a better person in every aspect. But I cannot run back to you like a damsel in distress because thats not who I am."

"You're right. I did this to myself."

"Klaus I'd really like to finally settle this as civil as possible. We can be friends that see each other every couple of years but I can't be anything more than that. And for that I'm sorry."

"I wish you the best, Y/N. I really do."

"One day you are going to find someone that completes you, someone that you won't even consider cheating on, someone you'll spend the rest of your immortal life with. But thats not me."

And much to Klaus's surprise, you gave him a hug. A hug to your old relationship, a hug to your old life, a hug to the person you used to be.