Our little Boy

⚠️TW- Mentions of (basically the entire thing) miscarriage⚠️

"I don't know what to do."

Klaus sighed looking over to all of his siblings. They had all been worried about you since the incident and we're waiting for some type of communication from you. You had locked yourself in your bedroom for 3 days now and hadn't even gotten up to eat or shower.

"She's grieving Nik."

"I lost them too."

"We know."

They all fell silent as Klaus tried to gain his composure again. He didn't normally show his emotions to his siblings or anyone for that matter, but at a time like this he couldn't help it.

"Be there for her."

Klaus looked over at his older brother who seemed to know all the right things to say.

"She won't let me."

"Don't let Y/N push you away Nik."

"Rebekah she doesn't want me there. I need her. And I hate seeing her like this, but she won't let me help."

"Then don't take no for an answer."

Klaus sighed knowing that he had to do whatever he could to help you. He walked over to your room and stopped outside the door, sighing as a memory came to his mind.

***

"Little early to be setting up a crib, don't you think?"

You walked into the nursery to see Klaus trying to put together a crib, clearly frustrated.

"I don't think it's too early to be setting up a crib if your seven months pregnant."

"It doesn't look like your making much progress though."

He sighed, standing up and walking over to you. When he reached you, he grabbed your waist pulling you to him.

"I've been alive for a thousand years, I've watched empires rise and fall, and for some reason I just can't figure out these Ikea instructions."

You laughed making Klaus smile. He loved whenever you smiled or laughed because of him. You kissed him quickly but pulled back as soon as you felt the baby kick.

"Nik" You grabbed his hand gently and guided it to where you felt your baby kick. When he felt the kick, his eyes instantly lit up and a smile grew on his face. You didn't think life could get any better.

***

Opening the door, Klaus saw you laying down in the same position you had been for 3 days. He slowly walked over to you, crouching down when he got to you.

"Babe you have to get up and eat something. Or at least shower."

You sat there straight faced not doing anything but blinking. A tear fell from your eye, making Klaus visibly upset.

"Sweetheart-"

"I'm sorry."

Klaus's eyebrows furrowed and he rose a hand to wipe the tear off your cheek. You finally made eye contact with him when he did.

"What do you mean?"

You sat up on the bed causing Klaus to join you.

"I lost him. I lost our baby."

Soon sobs raked your body and Klaus pulled you close to him. You grabbed onto his clothes to pull him even closer as if your life depended on it. Klaus started to rub your back and mumble things like 'it's okay' and 'it's not your fault' into your ear. You pulled back from him and he took the opportunity to wipe away your tears.

"I couldn't save him. I couldn't protect him."

"There was nothing you could have done sweetheart."

"I can't stop replaying those 18 minutes in my head Nik. I just keep seeing his beautiful face and thinking what more could I have done. Was it something with the pregnancy? Did I do something wrong?"

"You did everything right. We did everything right. It just happened."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I really don't. But we are going to be okay. We will remember our little boy forever."

"Forever."

He pulled you in for another hug and you dug your face into his shoulder. For whatever reason you believed that you would be okay. You would alway remember your little boy.

AN- Hey guys! So it's been awhile, sorry about that. I just got so busy with sports and the end of school that finding time to write was insanely difficult. I'm going to be as active as I can though in the next week.