The Couch

"No" you said looking at your husband who was sleeping. Klaus sits up on the bed, one foot now dangling off of it.

"What?"

He replies rather groggily, using his hand to rub his eyes. You cross your arms in front of your chest while you glare at your husband.

"Get up. Your not sleeping in my bed."

You started to walk over to the bed and get under the covers.

"Last time I checked I'm your husband and we share this bed."

"Your my husband? Where's your ring then?"

You shot back very coldly. You raised your eyebrows at him, tempting him to fight with you. Instead he sighed and got up from his position on the bed. He turned around and grabbed his pillow walking towards the door.

"Don't you think your over reacting just a little?"

As soon as he said it though, his eyes widened and he realized what he said. He knew you shouldn't be messed with, especially when you were mad. You scoffed and looked back to him

"Overreacting? You lost your wedding band and you don't even seem to care. Don't you think your under-reacting?"

"Yes I am upset that I lost my wedding band that you gave me on our wedding day but I can always get an exact replica made."

"If your okay with getting a new one, why even bother to take it off in the first place?"

He looks around before his eyes settle back on you. He takes a deep breath before continuing,

"I'm going to sleep on the couch. Goodnight Y/N/N."

He walked away and went to your living room. You saw the light turn on and heard what you assumed to be a cabinet open and close, probably for a blanket. You saw the light turn off and some more ruffles before it became quiet again.

It had been a couple of hours and you couldn't sleep. You could only think about how cruel and unforgiving you had been. You felt alone in the house even though you knew Klaus was down the hall. Your eyes kept wandering from the ceiling to the empty space beside you as you longed to be in his arms.

Klaus was staring at the ceiling, not being able to sleep either. He could only dwell on the fact that this was the first time, in a long time, he wouldn't wake up next to you. His eyes shot to the door as he saw the lights turn on in your bedroom. He heard your footsteps and he sat up. You walked in and stood next to him on the couch.

"What are you doing love?"

"I can't sleep," he smiled a little to himself at you words. "Come back to bed with me?"

"Of course."

He got up and the two of you got into bed. He pulled you close to him by your waist, wrapping his arms around you while your head laid on his chest.

"I really am sorry about losing the ring"

"It's ok babe. I'm sorry for over reacting."

"I love you Y/N."

"I love you too."

The two of you quickly fell asleep in each other's arms. You stayed that way, entangled together, even though you knew it wouldn't last through the night.

AN- Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this imagine, I actually got the idea from a story that I was reading. It was actually really fun to write.