Killing me

You were trying to get over your ex boyfriend, Klaus Mikaelson. You and Klaus had been dating for a few months when he suddenly started to push you away and broke up with you. Even though it had only been a few months, you had felt a deep connection with him and you believe that you had started to fall in love with the hybrid. After he broke up with you, you were completely devastated. You locked yourself in your house for a week, watching movies and eating ice cream. Your friends had tried to come over and cheer you up, but the only one who even made you crack a tiny smile was Stefan. You decided that you were done moping around and that you needed to move on. You were on your way to the grill to go on a date and hopefully move on. You decided to wear a white crop top and some jeans for you date. You walked in and saw your date sitting at a table. You were going out with one of your friends from school, Jake. He saw you and sent a smile and wave your way, you doing the same. You were about to start walking over, but before you did, you felt another pair of eyes on you. Looking around, your eyes locked with the familiar blue ones, attached to the one person you didn't want to see. You broke eye contact, ignoring his smirk and made your way over to your date. You were here to move on, not get sucked in to old patterns. You were having a good time with Jake but your mind kept wondering to the man sitting at the bar. Everything with Jake seemed too easy since you had already known everything about him and there was no surprise or mystery.

"Not to be rude or anything, but why is that dude at the bar sending bullets into my head with his eyes?"

You glanced over to the bar and sure enough, Klaus was staring right at Jake, a scowl on his face. You saw Elijah trying to get Klaus' attention but his eyes never left Jake, that was until they fluttered over to you. You felt your cheeks start to heat up and looked back over to Jake. You hated that he still had control over you and that your body longed for him.

"He's uh- He's-"

"the boyfriend"

At the Bar

"Niklaus-"

"I can't do it Elijah. I can't watch her slip through my fingers anymore, it's killing me."

Klaus glanced back at Elijah, who was standing next to him, before returning his gaze back over to you. Elijah was facing the bar while Klaus was still looking at Y/N and Jake. For a moment, the tiniest of moments, Klaus' eyes brimmed with tears. He blinked them away fast but that didn't stop Elijah from seeing the hurt behind his eyes. Klaus broke up with you because Elijah thought it was best and kept you out of harms way. Now seeing the pain he was causing his brother, he thought again. He thought that maybe it was you who could bring his redemption.

"Maybe I was wrong."

Klaus' head snapped over to Elijah

"Maybe? I'm done with this, I'm getting back what's mine."

Back to you

You rolled your eyes before correcting him,

"ex-boyfriend actually. Or did you forget?"

He smirked at you before turning his attention to Jake.

"Well nonetheless it's time for you to go."

"He's not going anywhere Klaus."

Flashback

"Babe? Klaus?"

You walked into the Mikaelson Mansion after getting a cryptic text to meet him there. Suddenly he appeared in front of you, quickly pulling you to him by your waist. You giggled at his gesture and your hands lay on his chest.