Heartbroken

Request by abihancock1, hope you enjoy!

You sat at the Mystic Grill, waiting for Jeremy to finish his shift. Since your parents death, you moved back into town to help Aunt Jenna around the house and with Elena and Jeremy. Which had proven to be a very difficult task.

Elena, stuck in a love triangle with two brothers, never seemed to be home. And if she was, she was almost always with Damon or Stefan. You had tried to talk to her and give her advice, but she kept her answers vague and never really explained anything. You even tried to befriend Damon and Stefan, especially with how much time they were spending in your house, but the two kept conversations short and would often leave to talk to Elena.

Jeremy, dealing with tons of grief and drugs, seemed to be a completely different person everyday. You could either catch him in a good mood or he would be yelling at you to no end. He finally seemed to be in a good spot, until his girlfriend Anna died in an accidental fire. This sent him into an entirely new whirlwind of grief and misery. Recently, however, he seemed to be getting back on track with school and on occasion would have a good conversation with you.

Aunt Jenna, your mentor and now best friend, had been spending almost all her time with her new boyfriend Alaric Saltzman. She, just like Elena, seemed to always be out and about or with Ric. While you were happy she was finally finding love, you felt completely isolated.

Because everyone seemed to be moving on and no longer needing your help, you had decided that this would be your last week in Mystic Falls. You just had to find time to tell everyone.

Until you met a certain mysterious man.

You felt a presence next to you and assumed it had been one of the town's drunks.

"What does it take to get a drink around here?"

As soon as you heard the voice, you knew it wasn't anyone from town. The accent immediately giving it away. Turning to your right, you were met with a pair of very vibrant green eyes.

"They're getting ready to close up, so most of the staff is in the back."

"Well don't you have the insider scoop love. Guess I should've guessed they were closing when the only person in here is you."

You felt your cheeks get hot at the name, so you looked straight ahead hoping he wouldn't notice. But he did.

"Not much of an insider scoop but I am waiting for my little brother, Jeremy," you turned around pointing to Jeremy who was putting chairs up in the tables. "Matt was supposed to bring him home but he never showed up for work. Are you new to town?"

"Extremely. I just got in tonight, actually."

"Hm, so you don't know your way around."

"I'm pretty good at directions."

You wrote your number down on a napkin, handing it to him.

"Well, in case you ever need someone to show you around. It was great meeting you."

You stood up as you saw Jeremy motion to the door.

"I never got your name love."

"Oh right, Y/N."

"Nik."

And the two of you were inseparable since. Your plans for leaving town had been completely thrown out the window.

****

Standing in the Salvatore Boarding House, Jeremy couldn't be anything but shocked.