Saving Grace

Klaus had turned off his humanity after he thought he watched you die. Silas had gotten into his head and made him think that Mikael had come back to life and killed you to hurt him. However, you were just out shopping with Rebekah. When the two of you returned to the mansion, you saw the mess and destruction that he left behind.

"Rebekah....what happened"

"I-I don't know"

"Nik, Babe, are you here?"

After you and Rebekah looked around and saw no sign of Klaus you started to get worried. Pulling out your phone from your back pocket, you went to Klaus' contact and started to call him

Hey, It's Klaus. If I didn't bother to pick up your call then I probably don't care about your existence or your problems. Don't bother to leave a message, I won't listen to it.

Your heart started to race more and you were growing more anxious as he didn't pick up your call. He always answered your phone calls.

"Bex...what if something happened? What if he's injured?.."

You started stammering as you looked at Rebekah with worry filled eyes.

"Y/N, Nik can handle himself. We will find him and I doubt he's in any trouble."

You nodded your head and started to look down to your hands when you heard Rebekah's phone ring. She answers her phone without even looking at the contact and puts it on speaker

"Nik? Is that you?"

"No it's me Rebekah. Niklaus has turned his humanity off. He's on a rampage saying that Y/N is dead and Mikael is the one that killed her."

"Elijah I'm fine. I've been with Rebekah all day, we've been shopping. I texted Nik before telling him. Why does he think I'm dead? And isn't Mikael dead?"

"I'm not sure. Maybe someone got in his head."

Rebekah looks up at you and realization comes over the two of you.

"Silas"

"Silas"

"I don't know what Silas did to him. Maybe he made him watch Mikael kill you or just had Mikael rub it in his face. But i've tried to get him to turn it back on and I can't do it. I believe the only person who can truly turn his humanity back on is Y/N"

You shoot Rebekah a confused look before looking back down at the phone in her hand. She just agrees with Elijah.

"Me? Nik and I have only been dating for 8 months. How am I supposed to turn his humanity back on?"

"I've lived with my brother for over a thousand years, and I've never seen him love anybody the way he loves you. The thought of you dying because of him must have caused him so much pain that he couldn't bear to face. You are his salvation and you are his humanity"

"I believe Rebekah is right on this Y/N. He truly does love you. Listen he's in town square, get here as quickly as you can."

Elijah hung up the phone and Rebekah grabbed your arm, speeding the two of you to town square. You were standing with Rebekah in front of Elijah and you just nodded. Knowing what you needed to do, you walked to where Klaus was. His back was turned to you and he had his teeth sunk into someone's neck.

"Babe?"

Suddenly he lifted his head up, dropping the person to the ground. He slowly turns around and when he sees you, his eyes widen in shock. His facial features soften for a moment before they harden again and he glares at you.